Sign in to follow this  

Star Trek 6 Dvd Collectors Edition

For people who have Star Trek 6 special collectors edition. Is your menu at the begining in a widescreen view. Most of the dvds I have that are widescreen the menus are not widescreen.

Does the dvd seem to have extra scenes? My video of Star Trek 6 I dont think has when Spock mind melds with Valeris seeing the people that are behind the consipracy.

Yes it does. The standard DVD or vide is supposed to have valeris...

Mine does anyway....

Anyways, trek usually leaves the extra scenes out to another disk...

Thanks for clearing that up. I was not sure since Dad recording it of television years ago, and it was edited for television, so then when I became a Trekkie, I refused to settle for an edited version and bought the special edition. I was not sure if that was just a part that was edited out or a true extra scene.

Does the dvd seem to have extra scenes? My video of Star Trek 6 I dont think has when Spock mind melds with Valeris seeing the people that are behind the consipracy.

It has other extra scenes, including some between Kirk and Spock after Valeris' part in the conspiracy is discovered.

The images of the people involved while Valeris and Spock are melding is new. There is also a scene where you see the Gulag party travel from the surface just after they have been 'welcomed' is new I think. The scenes with Colonel west were not in the original film but have been restored for previous video versions and TV sometimes.