Sign in to follow this  
thayln

Hey

I'm thayln.

Ok, lets see... I've watched Star Trek ever since the beginning, and I do mean the very beginning, tho I was very young. I definately remember the episode where Kirk had to fight the Lizard creature while everyone else watched. That's probably my first memory of TV. I lived thru the days when there wasn't any Trek, watched TOS on static filled UHF channels, and then one day I was in a bookstore and miracle of miracles there was a Star Trek book. It was "Spock must Die". I will never admit to how many of the paperbacks I have. And yes I have seen every episode of every series and all the movies.

Well y'all get the picture. I'm really old and slightly crazy. I can't help it. The stories get under my skin. They are our mythology and our hopes for the future. Hell, most of my morale code is based on the blame show.

I'm really looking forward to some interesting conversations here.

Click for Spoiler:

By the way, In Cogenitor did anyone notice how T'Pol kept putting the emphasis on how important first contacts were to "The Captain" and how Trip was doing something against what "The Captain" wanted. She didn't bring up the Vulcan Science Academy once. It's so cool to see the fierce loyalty that Spock had to Kirk starting to develop in her character.

Later,

thayln

Ok, lets see... I've watched Star Trek ever since the beginning, and I do mean the very beginning, tho I was very young.  I definately remember the episode where Kirk had to fight the Lizard creature while everyone else watched.  That's probably my first memory of TV.  I lived thru the days when there wasn't any Trek, watched TOS on static filled UHF channels, and then one day I was in a bookstore and miracle of miracles there was a Star Trek book.  It was "Spock must Die".  I will never admit to how many of the paperbacks I have.  And yes I have seen every episode of every series and all the movies. 

Now that's a trekker! :tear:

Welcome aboard thayln!! 1037816576.gif

wavey.gifWelcome. You bring up an excellent point...

Click for Spoiler:

I had not given any thought to the "rivalry" aspect between Trip and T'Pol. GOOD THINKING! :tear:

Welcome aboard!! I'm sure you'll love it here. This site absolutely rocks.

Also, I agree with your spoiler comments.

Welcome thayln! Great points you make, and my memories of Star Trek go back almost as far as yours. As I explained in another post somewhere here, I began watching Star Trek when I was just 5 days old. Now I don't claim to have memory of that, nor do I claim that it was my idea lol. But somewhere in my mind is the mempry of seeing images of TOS from March 7th of 1969.

I look forward to talking to you around the boards!

Welcome!

I hope that you enjoy yourself here and I look forward to talking with you more in the future

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Sign in to follow this