Sign in to follow this  
BlueCrystal

What The Heck Was That?!?!

:grin: Here's the story. Usually my husband calls me from his cell phone as he is over the roading it with a consignment for his company.He called earlier than usual and I was laying in bed preparing to read the second chapter of Spock's World. All of a sudden I hear a strange whining on the phone and a dialing noise. The only other phone is in the home office. My husband's cell phone drops the call and I am alone listening to the strange noise on the phone. When I hear again the sound of touch tones like someone is dialing the phone it really unnerved me as I'm alone in the house. My sons by marriage live in their own homes. I grabbed my .22 thinking that my phone is useless if someone is in the house and go to the home office. We don't have doors to any other rooms of our house besides on the bathroom. I flip on the lights and no one is there.

I wonder if I imagined it all when my phone rings again and it's my husband, he tells me that his phone flashed a series of notices to him informing him that there was a loss of privacy. He told me that he thought someone has attempted to *clone* his phone. I inturn tell of what happened on my end.

The story doesn't end there, I was in the home office and again I hear the dialing and the thought occurred to me perhaps someone was trying to dial into my computer. We hang up and I unplug the cordless phone thinking that someone has breached it afterall it is several years old and you could probably hear the chat through a baby monitor.

My husband calls me back and I answered him on the word-sender phone without any problem. After hanging up I did check the fax machine, no faxes received. So what happened does anyone know or has experienced something like this before?

Edited by BlueCrystal

probably hacking....

I don't know...

that's never happened to me...

yeah that sounds strange it could be a cracker or hacker or even a phone tap by the Feds? :grin:

Edited by hangon

As far as i know phones cannot be 'hacked', tapped but not hacked, every few hours my phone gets a network update, and if i'm near anything with a speaker it makes a sorta beeping ring.

I have heard about cell phones getting "hacked" in the news few years ago. It is also server problem in the States. Each cell phone has code that use when they are transmitting and if someone has the proper equipment they can tap into it. You may have to change your cell phone NOW!! You will get charged with the calls that person made using your code on your cell phone. PLEASE call the carrier that you use. Tell them the date and time that it happen. You may not get charged for that call(s) that the person made. Also have a list on the calls that you normally make on that cell phone.

Edited by Odie