Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan IDIC

Memorial Day

To all those who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces, thank you for protecting the freedoms that we enjoy. May all those who have died in the serivce of this country never be forgotten and may they all rest in peace.

First, you are welcome. It's a job that I and others like myself do voluntarily, noone forces us to do this, which makes it, I think, that much more special. but as VBG stated, Memorial day is a day to salute those who gave it all for the USA. they are, and always will be, our greatest heroes. The men like Dorrie Miller and Butch O'Hare and the Gary Gordon and the Randy Shugart are a special breed of heroes. In the ancient days, soldiers would come home one of two ways, "With your sheild" meant you marched down main street in a victory parade. "Or on it", meaning your body was carried from the field on your sheild. it's the men who come home on theirs rather than with theirs, though, who are the greatest heroes. the ones who gave the most, in fact, gave ALL. and those are the men (and Women) who we honor today.

Well said. We must not forget their sacrifice.

My family tradition for Memorial Day is to go to the cemetary where most of my deceased family members are buried and to remember them. Some of them are war veterans, or served in the military.