Sign in to follow this  
removed

Future of Star Trek optimisitic

Regarding the feature film future for Trek, Berman says, "I doubt because our box office fell off on 'Nemesis' that it's going to be the end of Star Trek films. I can't imagine numerous other movies won't occur." He suggests that one tempting scenario is combining characters from the various series in one grand adventure. "There are a lot of interesting possibilities," he says.

Despite gloomy projections by some regarding the franchise's health, Braga remains optimistic. "It's come this far, and it ain't goin' anywhere," he says.

This is good news. The top guys are seemingly not giving up hope just yet. I sure am glad to hear this for a change.

No matter what even if Star Trek has a "LEMON" there are so many trekkies alive Paramount would go up in flames before they :) discontiued us. Even if I do it myself.

Not to be gruff but $ $. ST at the movies is about cash..by making Nemesis less trekkie freindly they hoped for more buts in the seats and it failed..makes you woner when/if the next flic comes out if it'll be more fan driven.

I still say they shold turn the novel "Final Frontier?," the one about Kirk's dad and the first mission of the Enterprise (it hadn't even been finished) into a movie. What a cool story. My guess is they would have to make some alterations for continuity (which is always changing).

I still say they shold turn the novel "Final Frontier?," the one about Kirk's dad and the first mission of the Enterprise (it hadn't even been finished) into a movie. What a cool story.  My guess is they would have to make some alterations for continuity (which is always changing).

Kirks Dad? huh?!

His father was cheif of security on the very first Enterprise (Federation ship) mission. At least according to that novel.

Here's the description from Amazon.Com of the book. It's out of print now:

Commander George Samuel Kirk was aboard the Enterprise under the command of Captain Robert April before his famous son was born. Starfleet has just been founded and the Enterprise has just been built, and is sent on its first mission. The mission takes the Enterprise into the heart of hostile Romulan territory, where cosmopolitical machinations and advanced weapons technology will decide the fate of a hundred innocent worlds

Cheers!

I still say they shold turn the novel "Final Frontier?," the one about Kirk's dad and the first mission of the Enterprise (it hadn't even been finished) into a movie. What a cool story.  My guess is they would have to make some alterations for continuity (which is always changing).

I thought that novel was pretty cool also. Kirk's dad also met a Romulan. :)