Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Photo Ablum

Here is view of the Great Lakes during early winter!

post-51-1085633239.jpg

Here are the Great Lakes during early spring!

post-51-1085633328.jpg

WOW that looks beautiful Odie!!! :(

There is the place that I'm from. Look at the lower lake. It is called Lake Erie. It you go northeast there will be an island. Below the island is where Buffalo, New York is located.

Everything looks nicer on the other side of the face. Many people believe Holland looks cool. :(

in that last picture, you can see where I am at. look at lake Michigan, it's the big one on the left. on the left (west) shore of the lake, there is a large brownish spot. that's Chicago. go up alittle you'll see two smaller brown patches. I believe the northernmost of them is the Great Lakes/North Chicago/Waukegan area, where I am.there is another brownish patch alittle bit farther north, about half the size of Chicago, that's Milwaukee.

Nice pics...

Are they satellite or just computer or just landsat then computer colors??

Here a photo of my hometown from Canada.

now that looks like avery nice place,i would love to sail there just before the sun goes down,very romantic setting :blink:

very romantic setting! The colors in the sky are very bright at sunset. It looks very cool when you in the right place and see the sun set over the lake.

Here are the flags at the border between United States and Canada. The flags are on the Peace Bridge. The bridge is decated to friendship and peace between Canada and the United States.

post-51-1085769294.jpg

Odie, I know that you're stationed in Japan. please answer some of my questions.

1. What's your rank?

2. Do you serve on a ship?

2b. If you do, what's the name of the ship and what is it? (ex: destroyer, cruiser)

3. Do you like being in the Navy?

1. What's your rank?

My rank is Quartermaster Petty Officer Second Class (Surface Warfare) When I sign documents in the Navy I using QM2(SW).

2. Do you serve on a ship?

2b. If you do, what's the name of the ship and what is it? (ex: destroyer, cruiser)

No, I am station at Commander Fleet Activities Yokosuka. It is shore duty station. I am on a tug, YTB 782. I was on ship once. I was on USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) out of Norfolk, VA. That ship is an aircraft carriers. They are as long as the Empire State is as tall. I was on it from August 1997 to February 2002.

3. Do you like being in the Navy?

I like to think that being in the Navy is my job. I like what I do very much even though the hours can be very long when I am station on a ship. I'm on my second tour, but I extend it for one more year. After that I will re-enlist for four more years.

Hehe cool photos Odie,i noticed on the map it says something about HOLLAND,1825 wow now thats a long time ago,must have been intresting <_<

Hehe cool photos Odie,i noticed on the map it says something about HOLLAND,i take it thats a map from a long time ago?

Holland Land Holding Company bought Western New York in the early 19th century. If the company in Holland didn't buy the land my hometown would not existed today.

Holland Land Holding Company bought Western New York in the early 19th century.  If the company in Holland didn't buy the land my hometown would not existed today.

Yeah i have heard the story newyork used to be new amsterdam then we english bought it from the dutch for a stupid amount of money something like $120,dont quote me on that but i belive thats how the story goes <_<

Holland Land Holding Company bought Western New York in the early 19th century.  If the company in Holland didn't buy the land my hometown would not existed today.

Yeah i have heard the story newyork used to be new amsterdam then we english bought it from the dutch for a stupid amount of money something like $120,dont quote me on that but i belive thats how the story goes <_<

No, England threat to go to war. Holland just gave to land away to avoid the war. As for my hometown the company brought the in 1800. It was after American broke away from England.