Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Downloading Enterprise

I'm currently downloading tonights episode of Enterprise, it doesn't come on for another 15 minutes but I've been downloading it for the past 30 to 45 minutes.

For those with a high speed connection go to http://www.scifi-epz.com you'll need a copy of BitTorrent but once you have it you're set to download.

Then you need to install the latest version of DiVX.

It's great, I use it every week to get the latest episode.

Funny, I could have sworn they were forced to take all the episodes down. Did something change?

I do not have High speed internet access, so would I still be able to use this? I know it would be really slow but would it work?

I do not have High speed internet access, so would I still be able to use this?  I know it would be really slow but would it work?

Yeah it'll work for you. It's 80mb so I don't know how long it'll take but it'll work.

They'll never stop the downloading of music/movies/TV Shows. In fact, the movie industry has already started allowing feature movies to be downloaded. Soon TV Shows will be downloadable direct from the TV Studios.

As for anything the studios or RIAA do to try to stop it, all you have to do is look at what happened when they killed NAPSTER. They killed that company but the explosion was the "Big Bang" of Peer to Peer file sharing.

The cat's out of the bag and it's breeding like a Tribble.

That may be true, but if we download, they don't make money, thus they go out of business, then we won't have anything to download.

If I want a specific song or to catch a missed tv episode, I'll download it.

If I want a movie, season set, CD, whatever... then I buy it. :laugh:

Don't buy into their propaganda. No one is going out of business. It costs the music industry about $0.75 to make a CD. They charge you $12.95 and make SO much profit. That's why they lost that class action law suit and have to pay Everyone

that bought a CD a portion of the settlement.

The movie industry and TV industry too are making money hand over fist. Peer to Peer will just force them to be innovative. It will force the industry to evolve. It WILL happen. You will log your TV onto the internet and download your nightly lineup of TV shows. You'll watch when you want and what you want.

It will happen, it is happening. Mark it down.

Well, maybe it will...

But, if the future is in downloading... I wanna be able to buy inserts and CD labels instead of making my own! :laugh:

Also, downloads will never be as high quallity as a CD, DVD, and so forth.

I say the answer to the download problem is to make CD's and DVD's cheaper! :laugh: B)

Ok I can't open the file and downloaded everything you had. Could you kind of take me through it step by step?