Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Countdown"?

What rating would you give "Countdown" out of 10?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Countdown" out of 10?

A good episode.  Not perfection, but good.  I gave it an 8.  I now know why the MACO's are on Enterprise....  So they can be shot at.  When Hayes died, it reminded me of all the nameless red shirts that died on The Original Series.

:laugh:

Did anyone notice but me that when they beamed Hoshi and the other MACOs everyone was leaning against the wall when they were transported. But Hayes went to the center of the hall for transport - it's like he painted a bullseye on his chest.

I gave this one an 8

Click for Spoiler:

The show was really good I got mad whenever a comerchel came on.  I would really like to see the end of this are.  I have a theroy that hoshi somehow changed the computer on the weapon to blow up when they try to use it and thats why she is still knocked out.  Sounds cool to me

Good thinking! That would be a brilliant way to go! :look::laugh:

I gave it a 9.5

Click for Spoiler:

It was overall a great episode I thought probably one of the best in Trek. The one thing that really sticks out in my mind is how they killed off Hayes, I mean what a crappy way to die he couldn't even defend himself I was hoping for something far more heroic for someone like Hayes.

Click for Spoiler:

The way Hayes died WAS heroic! He let everyone else go first, like a real commander would. he accomplished the mission by seeing Hoshi out first. He was laying down fire to cover everyone else's exit. If there was anything to be questioned it was , as TUH said, why, while awaiting transport, he went to the middle of the hall, when everyone else stayed close to the walls?

Seen it yet Captain Bolivar?

Click for Spoiler:

A two hour finish would have been nice but this arc has been ALL about waiting till next week so one more fits the trend to a tee. TPTB have said some elements of this arc are going to be held over the hiatus but I don't think (hope) that includes the fate of the weapon...

As usual, excellent character moments all around including T'Pol. Her sexuality blossomed as a result of drug use, (a common occurrence in real life as well) so it's natural (and realistic imo) for her to be squirming in her seat with sexual withdrawals. Maywheather was there flying the ship with his usual style and Reed's going to bounce back from his pointless existence, hide and watch.

Farewell Hayes; *salutes*

Mind blowing special effects! I'm almost totally weaned from missing SE done with models. ENT CGI effects are the best (in a TV show) out there.

Why does Daniels keep showing up???

He's helping Archer, the Spherebuliders are from/in the future, (well beyond NEM) they desire to change History and without Daniels counter-interference by assisting Archer they might succeed thus erasing the future as we know it. That is what the stakes of the Temporal Cold War are. (TCW)

What a shock :P it was seeing the Insects confront the Reptiles. Could they be our saviors??? I don't think Hoshi has the engineering knowledge to sabotage the weapon so the Insects could now be Archers ace in the hole...

Simply put Countdown was another excellent chapter in this fantastic arc

My question: What of Future Guy; has the New Direction written him completely out of the story or will he be back? I hope he comes back or else that spoils all the great TCW episodes of seasons 1 & 2.

10 - An excellent conclusion, i was glad they rescued Hoshi safely, i loved the scene where Dolim was questioning the Sphere Builder and it was a shame that Major Hayes got killed

Edited by trek_dude

I loved this ep. Major Hayes is my fave character of all time. I liked that Hayes and his team rescued Hoshi and that Hayes made sure that his team was safely away and the mission accomplished before beaming off himself. Hayes unfortunately met his end in this ep, but it was a hero's finish for our MACO Major. :laugh:

Sign in to follow this