9 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do like more?

• CD's
    • LP's
    • Some Are Better on CD
    • Some Are Better on Record
    • I like Both
    • Neither, I like Cassettes

I was looking at my stack of CD's and my Records next to them, and wondered which one you guys use/like more. Personaly I like both, besides with newer ones there are songs on the Record that are not on the CD and vice versa. There are some CD's I have that don't translate well to CD, and newer records I've bought of todays bands like Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, etc. sound the same on record as they do on CD, anyhoo what do you guys like more.

I use to have a large collection of records (LPs) but over the years I have replaced most of them with CDs. Turntable parts are getting harder to find!

I voted for CDs. The sound quality and durability of a CD is so superior. However I am waiting for someone to make me feel really old by asking "what's an LP"

an LP is simply a record. one of the big black ones.

but, ive nevere owned LPs so CDs. my parents have a record collection though. i think CDs are better because they remaster the sound alot. especially with Zeppelin. they sound great on CD

I kinda like both..even though we are in the process of getting music downloaded that we had on records...it is getting harder to find parts: arms, stylus, ect. So...now we are transferring stuff to CD.

Funny thing is I know what a record is, definately know what an LP/or Vinyl is....but my little sister(2 years younger) recently asked about a black CD that was on the table. We asked her what she was talking about and she picks up the LP and goes, "Who's big black CD is this?" My mom, dad and I cracked up...and she suddenly goes "It is not funny, I forgot that people ACTUALLY still have these record things!"

Either that or someone in my class(my junior year of high school) actually ran up to the film projector, stopped the film, and removed the record that was playing the film's commentary. When the teacher freaked out, the kid goes, and I quote.."Dude, that scratchy thing is gonna totally (I'm trying to misspell a badword but can't) up your CD! You gotta get a thing that plays big CD's instead of this thing! You teachers are so out of it man!"

Funny thing is I know what a record is, definately know what an LP/or Vinyl is....but my little sister(2 years younger) recently asked about a black CD that was on the table. We asked her what she was talking about and she picks up the LP and goes, "Who's big black CD is this?" My mom, dad and I cracked up...and she suddenly goes "It is not funny, I forgot that people ACTUALLY still have these record things!"

Tell your sister not to feel bad. I'm 24 and I had to ask my husband what an LP was. ohwe.gif

Oh, I will...it is amazing to me that more people our age don't remember what a record is(I guess it is because I was raised listening to records, 8-tracks, cassettes,and now CD's). It is like asking a 10-18 year old what a 8track is.

I once rode down the elevator with a co-worker and her sister. The sister was doing work experience in our office. She was so excited about a new experience she had had. She was telling my co-worker all about using a typewriter for the first time. She had never even seen a typewriter before. :laugh:

It's funny how some technology never catches on or burns out quickly - 8-tracks, video disks, beta VCRs to name but a few.

OMG! Never used a typewriter! Oh wait I keep forgetting that typewriters kinda died out somewhere before I got to high school... I remember having to type up my reports on a typewriter(I had an old non-electric one, then that broke and I had to go to the electric one), the abstract of my science fair project HAD to be typed on a typewriter...