Sign in to follow this  
Lubak10

Skipping

this isn't just about the board, but maybe someone here can help me. Whenever I watch a video clip or listen to music online they will get stuck at certain parts, it kinda sounds like a broken record. Are my speakers just too old (they're like 5-10 yrs old) or is it my computer and if it is, how do i stop it? The computer is only a few months old and it's a pretty good one.

If it is files that you are accessing online it would be caused by the buffering (loading of the next section of the file for you to listen to) I would recommend downloading the file to your computer then listening or watching the file rather than attempting to stream it directly from the source.

If you're not running an internet streaming video, then another thing to try is make sure to close out all your unnecessary programs. Mine will skip like that if I'm running another program at the same time... especially if the background program is downloading something.

The less you're doing, the faster your processor can run what you're watching/listening to!

It's better to save and view it on your computer and delete it later if you need the space..

ddillard has the best advice out of the others...