Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan IDIC

Vulcan Idic's Log

I recently applied for section leader in marching band for next season which means I will be getting more money for marching then the member at large. I received the position and am looking forward to performing the duites of that position. I sincerely hope that I'm able to recruit well enough to see the band grow in numbers. I would like to see it become strong and healthy for the future.

Other than that not much has been going on except that I had my birthday last week and bought more Star Trek trading cards to add to my growing collection. I've learned that this particular hobby can be a very expensive one, but it's an entertaining one and I will continue with it.

I can't believe it's Wednesday all ready. Today was a very strange day. I was suppose to go to work at 9:00am, but I received a call at 7:00am and was asked to come in at 8:00am instead. Needless to say I didn't get there until about 8:15 and it was just total chaos from that point on.

I did however get a new case for my clarinet and it's a very nice one. I really love it. It carries everything from my instrument stand to my reeds to my music. Very convenient. It's made by the same company who made my saxophone case.

If anyone wants to make comments are ask me questions feel free to. My life really isn't all that exciting, but I do have fun.

Wow, I started out the morning by going on 6 mile walk. I wa actually able to run for about a mile in a half of it. My knees don't last long enough though for me to actually run any farther than that. It was a good walk though and I had a friend who did it with me. I find that when exercising I stay more faithful to it if I have someone else to be accountable to. I forgot the sunscreen though and now I'm suffering for it. Ouch!! Oh well next time I'll know better.

I had a band concert tonight and it went really well. The cool part was that the Marine band played after us and they were fantastic. Pretty funny group though. Lets just say they did some rather uncharacteristic things. They have this smaller group that comes out and does some songs and stuff and they are absolutely hilarious. They were singing things like Don't Worry Be Happy. It was great and the crowd loved them. All I can say is MEN IN UNIFORMS!!!!! :wub: <_<

I had a really freaky dream last night. I dreamed that I got married and my parents were ecstatic that I had finally found a decent guy and they absolutely loved him. Well the next think I know I was pregnant and my husband had disappeared. I was frantic because I just knew that I was going to have to give birth to the baby on my own. I tried to get to my parents to tell them what had happened, but before I made it to them I woke up. It was just a really weird bizzare dream. Don't want to go back there again.

Tomorrow the Walmart opens up at the mall I work at. I work in the Target store so going to be wacky for the next few days and month. I just hope that our sales don't go down too much because that would mean less hours to work and I can use all the hours I can get.

I saw the new Walmart today and that store is huge. It's two stories and fully stocked. There are rows and rows of toillet paper and paper towels and napkins. You've never seen so much in your entire life. It's a nice store, but I'm glad I don't work there. I can't even begin to imagine what it must take in order to get it cleaned up. There wasn't as many people in there though as I thought there would be. I walked right up and checked out. Yep, you know my life is exciting when the best thing I did all day was to go to Walmart, lol.

I must be a complete idiot. The other day I was at work and a guest came up to me and asked me if I knew where the mouse pads were. Without thinking I said "Oh yeah, they are over in the pets department of housewares."

She says "Really, over there?"

I said "Oh yeah that's where they would be." Of course after thinking about it for a minute I actually realized that she was talking about mouse pads as in computers. Fortunately I caught her before she went over there, lol. I was really embarrased.

Anyways anyone who reads this can feel free to laugh at me. I did, lol (and so did she)!

Thanks Riker Chic. It was a good laugh.

Today is my Dad's birthday which reminds me that I should probably be out shopping instead of posting here, but that's ok. I can't really decide what to get him so I think I'm going to get him a gift certificate to Home Depot so he can buy whatever he wants.

My grandfathers birthday is tomorrow and he's going to be 95 years old. We are lucky he is here to celebrate it. He almost died about a month ago when he had a diabetic attack, but he pulled through, he's back at home and he's getting back to his old self. Tomorrow we are going to celebrate it with dinner at my grandparents house. I just hope that if I live to be that old that I can still function pretty well like he does.

Congrats to you dad and your granddad... :(

:o

:(

I almost died when a ,mosquito was trapped in my room and it bit me 5 times..

Unfortunately, I have really bad histamine levels meaning really bad allergies to bug bites and sever allergic reaction.....

I almost went into amaphalactic shock...

Thanks WEAREBORG4102. Can you believe 95 years old. It was a nice party and of course my brother had to bring out the cards and poker chips and then we played this never ending game of Poker. Needless to say I lost all of my chips first. Oh well you can't win all the time (at least it wasn't real money).

Today was a wonderful day. I went to this thing called the Spirit of West Coast and it was an all day event with Christian bands and speakers, but mostly bands. It was a lot of fun and then at the end of the night Toby Mack and Audio Adrenalin performed. Wow it was fantastic. There is just something to be said for a bunch of believers all worshiping God in the same place. Incredible. <_<

Not really much going on today. I went to a birthday party and to church this morning. Nothing overly exciting though. Ugh! I have to be at work tomorrow at 6:00am. The redeeming part about it is that since tomorrow is a holiday I get time in a half and I'm working an 8 hour shift. That should make my paycheck a little bit bigger then normal next time. Yay extra cash!!! :blink:

I got this letter in the mail the other day from the university I go to. I recently applied to enter the teaching credential program there. Well the letter basically told me that one of the classes I took was taken to long ago and I have to retake it. I was a little upset that I hadn't been notified of this sooner then now. I'm not sure now if I'll be able to start the program in the fall or if I'll have to wait until the Spring so I can retake this class. Tomorrow I have to go in and talk to someone about it and see if there is anyway around this and if I might be able to petition it.

What does IDIC stand for?

IDIC is a Vulcan symbol that stands for Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.

I went and petitioned to not have to take the health ed class over again and they aproved the petition. That was great. Now all I have to do is turn in my TB test results. I feel such relief over this ordeal and I'm anxious to get started and get my teaching credentials.

Wow, it took me awhile to find this log because it's been awhile since I've posted on here.

I went cosmic bowling for the first time the other night and it was pretty fun. They turned these fog machines on though and that caused a few problems for me because I count the boards and guide to the arrows and I couldn't see them when the fog came out, but it was still fun.

Tonight I'm going to a bonfire at the beach with church. It should be pretty fun. I'll have to remember to take my chair.

I finally did it. I got my letter of acceptance into the teaching credential program yesterday. I'm very excited about starting my student teaching, but I'm also very nervous. I just hope that I do as well with my students as some of my favorite teachers did with me.

I found the Enterprise Incident on DVD today and I just had to buy it because it's one of my favorite episodes. I also found Mudd's Women and Enemy Within on another DVD so I bought those too. I can't wait to go and watch it.

What a day so far. I took my grandmother's car to the car wash becasue it was completely dirty. So much so that you could barely see through the back window. When it was done washing I went to adjust the rearview mirror and it fell off in my hands. Now my dad is trying to fix it and I'm supposed to be getting back over there because we have family flying in all day today at different times. It's just completely crazy.

This weekend has been fun. My family has been here and we have done nothing but eat all weekend long. My uncle who's a truck driver even made a run over this way so he could stop by and see everyone. He has to start back home tomorrow. I'm glad the rest of them are visting for the rest of the week because the guy I'm dating is going to church camp (he's a youth minister at a baptist church). I'll miss him, but I know that what he is doing is important and I'll be praying for him and his kids as they go. I get to go in a few weeks with the kids from my church as the girls counselor and then it will be his turn to wait (he he he).

Anyways it's been a very fun and exciting weekend.

YAY IT'S FRIDAY!! The only bummer part is that my family went home today, but we had a good time with them while they were here. My boyfriends family is coming into town on Tuesday so that should be fun too. He wants me to go site seeing with all of them and I love doing that (even though I live here and have seen everything a dozen times over). It should be fun though.