I hate those logo's tv channels put in the corner of the screen to remind you what channel you're watching. 90% of the time you know what you're watching! And some of them take up so much space if you're watching the news or something and it shows the name of who's talking you can't read it. They're so annoying.

Edited by thedoctor

The one that really bugs me isn't even in the corner. Anyone who has ever seen a program on the Global Network has seen that stupid 'on Global' thing that is in the beginning of every program. I know I'm watching Global, there is no reason to but it at the start of every show. It's pointless. Other than that I really don't mind the logos in the corners.

The worst ones are on Spike TV. Those darn advertisements that pop up are really annoying.

Agreed! And half of them have sound effects. I'd rather listen to the show I'm watching thank you. :naughty:

I used to enjoy how the Sci-fi Channel icons pop up....

Like one was made of hay, during the Blair Witch Project documentary...

Or during Sci-fi Prime, which is now known as Sci-fi Friday....

That was before they changed the logo.....lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

they do it incase the shows are taped and pirated or released on the internet. The station can then sue the people that are doing it.

This is not a legal requirment, but it is strongly recommended here in Australia.

At the moment, the stations i know that do it are:

AUSTRALIA:

My Network (SPN)

Community Television - Access 31

Channel 7

TV1

FOX8

AMERICA:

UPN

FOX

-------------------------------

so long as they are watermarked and in the corner i dont mind. I also dont mind about the ads that come up about the network..their OK.

I don't mind them if they're watermarked but some aren't and some are bearly watermarked so you can't read what's underneath.

Edited by thedoctor

In holland they do that to

it is even bad for your TV

when you watch a long time to a certain channel, the logo can burn in your screen :dude:

quote thedoctor@May 12 2004, 06:14 AM

Here's an example I made. 

HAHAHAHAHA THAT IS SO FUNNY

::Computer, delete the EMH please?::

well, an example of my networks use of watermark is demonstrated below... look at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th images;

320x240.jpg

here are the ads::

ad-320x240.jpg

ad-320x240-2.jpg

ad-320x240-3.jpg

Edited by trekzone

It's lame (not TZ's in particular, but the concept in general). They could easily embed something into the transmission of a show to prove who the broadcaster is without making it so obvious. It's hard to get into a show at times when the logo pops up, let alone all the advertisements breaking up the story. I'll admit the commercial breaks are an economic necessity, but the logos are just irritating.

"You're watching such and such a program on XYZ," they'll announce at breaks. Alas, I'm not - I'm just watching either the beginning or ending of another freakin' commercial break at that point.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

well, it is a legal requirment to show the station for at least 5 seconds with the classification (here in Aus)..

and instead of irratating the viewer further with more ads, SPN puts them during the first 15 seconds of the program. it is easier, and the statisfaction is good :force:

I was watching a show on the History Channel about Adolf Hitler, and when he spoke in Germen on the film they showed, the History Channel logo was covering 10% of the text! ARG!!!

Edited by Captain Holland

I was watching a show on the History Channel about Adolf Hitler, and when he spoke in Germen on the film they showed, the History Channel logo was covering 10% of the text! ARG!!!

That's why I don't like them.

Hmm here its not so bad actually,all we have is a logo in the corner but a small one and no pop ups at all thank god.

The only thing I do really hate is commercials every 15 min grrr