Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Wolf 359

If you watch Best of Both Worlds, they don't mention any Klingon vessels coming to the Federations rescue. So where were they?

I'd like to think that if the Federation would have asked them for help they would have come.. Maybe they didn't ask?

The Klingon,s were to bussy with their G'agh and Bloodwine?

:flowers:

Well, the Federation probably thought it could handle "one single Borg cube" without any help of the Klingons or Vulcans or Andorians or whoever... :flowers:

How wrong they were... :unsure:

Well, the Federation probably thought it could handle "one single Borg cube" without any help of the Klingons or Vulcans or Andorians or whoever...  :flowers:

How wrong they were...  :unsure:

Since there are many species in Starfleet, and Vulcan, Andoria and other planets helps Starfleet with supplies and funds since they are meant to defend the Federation I wouldn't say that they didn't help.. I'm not even sure that many of the other planets have combat ships, since Stafleet is supposed to defend every planet that is a part of the Federation.

starfleet was to proude to call in the Klingons :flowers:

The Klingons probably had more internal problems to deal with, such as dealing with the corrupt high council.

it would make sense that the Klingons would aide the Federation...after the Borg are done with the Federation, who do you think they'll go after next?

It had nothing to do with pride. The Klingons did agree to send some ships we just didn't see them. The Federation also opened negotiations with the Romulans according to Admiral Hanson.

Well, the Federation probably thought it could handle "one single Borg cube" without any help of the Klingons or Vulcans or Andorians or whoever...  :bow:

How wrong they were...  :bow:

Since there are many species in Starfleet, and Vulcan, Andoria and other planets helps Starfleet with supplies and funds since they are meant to defend the Federation I wouldn't say that they didn't help.. I'm not even sure that many of the other planets have combat ships, since Stafleet is supposed to defend every planet that is a part of the Federation.

Well, since Vulcans and Andorians are parts of the Federation, they would be serving on Starfleet vessels (the Captain of the Saratoga was a Vulcan)

As for the Klingons, I think I read somewhere that a Klingon ship did participate but I can't be sure (I probably imagined this). But perhaps they were delayed.

I think they would have helped though, seeing as Klingons love a good battle. :naughty:

In the beginning of "The Best of Both Worlds" Pt. 2, Admiral Hanson (via subspace) stated: "We've mobilized a fleet of forty starships at Wolf 359, and that's just for starters, the Klingons are sending war ships. Hell, we've even considered opening communications with the Romulans!"

We also need to keep in mind that the entire 'Borg incident' lasted only a matter of days, and began when the Borg attacked targets already within Federation space. Also, the only reason the Enterprise wasn't at Wolf 359 was that they were unable to maintain the power to keep up with the, much faster, Borg cube and needed to make repairs.

So, given the fact that everyone was taken by surprise when the Borg attacked, the rapidity of their advance to sector 001, the time required for the Klingons to organize a strike force and travel from the Klingon Empire to the heart of Federation space, its little wonder that everything was over by the time they got there.

Edited by welfconfed

Maybe we just didn't see the ships...

Maybe they were there but were destroyed...

Maybe we just didn't see the ships...

Maybe they were there but were destroyed...

True. Does anyone remember in part 2 when the enterprise was doing the flyby, did we see any ships other than the ones in the federation.

A thought that I had on this was the Klingon’s came but were the First ships destroyed. Not because they were weaker but because in a battle wouldn’t you want to find your hardest targets, your meanest adversaries, and remove them first. I would take out the Klingon’s first before the more civil Federation ships.

I always thought that the Federation thought that they would be able to stop or at least delay the cube at Wolf 359 longer than they did. I assumed that the Klingons and other Federation ships were assembling elsewhere to reinforce the fleet at Wolf 359 but only the Enterprise was close enough to get their in time and pursue the Borg.