Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Uss Sao Paulo

Anyone think when the USS Sao Paulo was renamed Defiant, it should have become the USS Defiant NCC-74205-A? It would make sense that the original Defiant become NCC instead of just NX since the class was continued.

I think it was just a case of laziness on the part of the graphics people and the writers. Keeping the Sao Paulo as the Defiant with the same registry allows them to use clips instead of creating new footage. Most of the battle in "What You Leave Behind" is clips. I agree with you that it should have been the U.S.S. Defiant NCC-74205-A.

well actually no.

The original Defiant was only an NX - experimental.

The new one was a favour from Admiral Ross, so it should have been a NCC-74205....not NX-74205..

The crew members wanted to keep the spirit of the ship alive along with the registry number. It would have not been the same ship if the registry had the additional "A".

I think it was just a case of laziness on the part of the graphics people and the writers. Keeping the Sao Paulo as the Defiant with the same registry allows them to use clips instead of creating new footage. Most of the battle in "What You Leave Behind" is clips. I agree with you that it should have been the U.S.S. Defiant NCC-74205-A.

Thats what it was