Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

I Remember V'ger...............

It was the first Startrek movie I ever saw. But I'm kind of vague on why, or how I remember " V ger ". Can you remember the storyline? :laugh::nono:

Was one of the voyager probes earth sent out.Landed on a mechisnized planet.

they sent it back to look for its maker who they thought where machines like them.

was to destroy inferior races. Till Kirk and Spock Saved the day.

In a nut shell.

actually, it was Nomad who destroyed inferior life forms, Vger just wanted to return to the creator. the only reason it destroyed the Klingon vessels was to defend itself.

the borg should assimilate the thing.....

It would be a better way to assimilate things with those balls of energy...

V'Ger was the "threat that could destroy the Earth" in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Of course, the Enterprise was the only starship within range to stop this menace, and even though the ship is in space dock with refits barely completed, Admiral James T. Kirk takes command of the ship from Capt. Will Decker and our seven reunited heroes fly off to save the Earth.

Now I want to see it again, Hi Ho it's off to the library I go :laugh: Thanks guys :blink: I can hear V ger in my head :flex:

Mechanized beings?

Could this be the first appearance of the borg? A juvenile appearence?

V'Ger was mentioned in 'The Return' by spock, something about a residual memory i think.

Click for Spoiler:

Well, in william shatner's 'The Return', one of the big surprises is that spock recognizes that V'Ger shares the borg's signature, and is in fact an offshoot of the borg.

just so you know, books aren't canon...but maybe it's related to First Contact, maybe that's the borg's response to the future borg's relay message to come to earth, but then again, they didn't finish modifying the deflector dish, did they?

But what about the mesg relayed by the borg in ENT?

But what about the mesg relayed by the borg in ENT?

:thumbs: Those "mysterious cybernetic zombies" did succeed in sending a signal to the Delta Quadrant....

In the ENT episode Regeneration (March 1st, 2153 A.D.).....

But it was said that it would take the "cybernetic beings" many years to get here, till the 24th century Archer said.....

lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

We don't know if the Borg got the signal though. It's entirely possible that they didn't get the signal until after first contact with the Enterprise-D, in which case the pre-First Contact timeline and the post-First Contact timeline would still be nearly identical.

Was one of the voyager probes earth sent out.Landed on a mechisnized planet.

they sent it back to look for its maker who they thought where machines like them.

was to destroy inferior races. Till Kirk and Spock Saved the day.

In a nut shell.

Nomad was damaged and was repaired by the machines on the machine planet and its programming was damaged and was written with their code so it would have its original intention garbled, so it would destroy inferior, flawed beings until Kirk proved it too was flawed when it mistook him for Jason Roykirk . . . but Voyager 6 was damaged also and then it could fulfill its programing "learn all that is learnable and report to the creator . . ." . . .

could it have been the same machine planet?!? Possibly not . . .

:naughty:

I think at the end when what was his name, started with a D, he and Alia got together, that could have been the beginning of the BORG? What do you think? If not, maybe something like that.

THE 'D' STANDS FOR DECKER & IF YOU KNOW YOUR ''TREK'' THE BORG EXSITED BEFORE THE MOTION PICTURE V'GER .

Nomad was damaged and was repaired by the machines on the machine planet and its programming was damaged and was written with their code so it would have its original intention garbled, so it would destroy inferior, flawed beings until Kirk proved it too was flawed when it mistook him for Jason Roykirk . . . but Voyager 6 was damaged also and then it could fulfill its programing "learn all that is learnable and report to the creator . . ." . . .

could it have been the same machine planet?!? Possibly not . . .

:)

215391[/snapback]

Just to be nit-picky, because I can, lol, that was Jackson Roykirk, not Jason. But you are quite correct to point out the similarities in the storyline between TMP's V'Ger and The Changling's, Nomad. Too similar in my book. I think The Changling was a superior rendering of the idea.

T'Bree

V'ger only returned to the creator after it had learned all there is to learn. It started asking, "Is this all that I am, is there nothing more." Spock. The best part in TMP was the wormhole and watching Lt. Ilea bounce. Sorry if that offended but I had to say it.

The problem V'Ger had was that as a machine it could only think withing a logical perspective. It could not contemplate the posibility of anything that logic cannot prove exists ie. other realities, life after death, god, etc. It had to join with 'its creator' in order to evolve beyond what it had become.

(Can anyone imagine what would have happened if it had ended up merging with Kirk or McCoy or even Spock? lol)

Mr.Psycic was right in the first plac about the storyline, I can't remember it saying anything about inferior races needing to be destroyed.

Too much screen time devoted to the Enterprise flying through the cloud and the crew watching the viewscreen with their mouths open and a puzzled look on their faces.

:flowers: <-------- "Wow, this cloud is so big and erm.......big"

:flowers: <-------- "Yes"

:flowers: <-------- "Yes, it really is big"

:naughty: <--------- "Who the hell are you?"

V'ger was definitely NOT the result of early Borg. The Borg had started out as biological beings and (it was implied by old Borg, and stated right-out for the new Borg in "Descent") they wanted to become completely artificial life-forms. The origins of V'Ger's artificial life-forms could possibly have resulted from a Matrix-like occurence.

Also, the Borg wanted to assymilate other life-forms and technology. V'ger pretty much turned everything it encountered into data and stored it for later download by it's maker.

the only reason it destroyed the Klingon vessels was to defend itself.

It also destroyed the Federation station at the very beginning of the movie without provocation. It had no need to defend itself.