Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

It's Not Going Anywhere, Enterprise

It's ridiculous for anyone to say it might be cancelled. Look at all of us! We're insane over it. We're all holding our breath til the next episode. Whoever starts these rumors ought to be shot, {with phaser only} OOPS, Sorry :laugh:

Set phasers on stun, Jeanway! We need those fans later to eat crow when they see ENT. going strong next season. I myself don't believe the rumors. :laugh:

*with phase-pistol* :laugh: *sees everyone else with phasers....*

Agh, I am old-fashioned....

(Looking forward to 4th season of ENT, and to The Council episode...)lastresort.jpg42.gif

Well, I guess you'll be shooting Scott Bakula and other cast members because they are openly discussing the possibility. And then there are TPTB at UPN who have also publicly discussed the possibility that ENT will be cancelled.

The ratings are abysmal - of course that in part is because UPN isn't available in all markets but what do the guys in suits know...

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Well, I guess you'll be shooting Scott Bakula and other cast members because they are openly discussing the possibility.  And then there are TPTB at UPN who have also publicly discussed the possibility that ENT will be cancelled.

The ratings are abysmal - of course that in part is because UPN isn't available in all markets but what do the guys in suits know...

All that and it is still one of the most popular "genre" shows on television.

Yes it could get cancelled. Dont' kid yourselves. At least the final numbers for The Forgotten were higher than fast nationals indicated. It gained 490,000 viewers from Damage.

Folks, observe address below.

Mr. Garrett Hart

President

Paramount Television

5555 Melrose Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90038-3112

This is the president of Paramount television, not UPN itself. This is Scott Bakula's friend. This is the man Scott complained to this spring about how ENT was marketed. This is the only suit to express public support for Enterprise. This is a man who would like Trek to be profitable again. It would be to Paramount's financial benefit if Trek were profitable again.

This is the man who has the power to shop ENT to a cable network if it is cancelled by UPN.

Write hm a letter. Today. Do not think about it. If you want ENT to remain on the air somewhere, DO IT. Get a piece of paper and do it now. Print it out on your PC if it's easier. Next week will be too late. One stinking paragraph about how much you've enjoyed the series and how you would be happy to follow it to another network. Then say "thank you." That's all it takes. The decision for UPN's fall schedule is announced on May 20. Those jerks never gave ENT a chance; they wanted it to fail and made the concious decision not to advertise. Morpheus the insider said so. UPN made the decision to promote America's Top Model and didn't even bother to run promos for ENT at the end of ENT episodes!!! That's outrageous. Garry Hart could help ENT survive post-UPN. I'm not expecting ENT to be renewed and I'm the most positive person in the world. I'd hate to see it cancelled and wonder if I'd gotten off my behind to write one letter would it have made the difference? Everybody can't assume that everyone else is writing enough letters.

Or call 310-575-7000. Better yet do both. That is the number for the UPN voice mail that they've set up to take calls about Enterprise. Please take the time. Write Garry Hart one letter.

Darn! :laugh: The overnights and fast nationals for E2 were flat from "The Forgotten" right down to the tenth. No increase at all after such a wonderful episode. :P

Sigh. All we can do is hope that the numbers for the final ratings increase like they did for "The Forgotten." The final numbers won't be out for a week. It always takes a week to get the finals now. The UPN suits are making their decision now. This bodes ill. Oh yes, my friends, ENT could get cancelled. Very easily. Write that letter. If ENT gets canned and you did nothing you'll regret it.

If they cancel Enterprise I will never watch, or purchase, anything Star Trek, ever again. Not even the Ent DVD's. They'll have lost me forever.

I've written and posted my letters to save the show a few times. They don't listen, they don't care. There is a dedicated phone line for fans to call as they are 'inundated' with calls supporting Enterprise, (and a few sad acts who call to ask them to get rid of it). They don't listen, they don't care. For ages we have been begging for seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. They don't listen, they don't care.

To cancel Enterprise would be a blow to me as I love the show. But, one way or another, this is my final Trek. There's too many nasty folk who suck all the fun out of it, just because it doesn't slavishly copy some fanboy expectation.

It's a damn good show and we're going to lose it through fandom spite and a poor network who don't know how to market the gem they have. :laugh:

Well guys think of this way if it is cancelled it would be like TOS, which is well loved. If it is cancelled it is cancelled that all but that doesn't mean Trek won't cease to live as long as the reruns play :laugh:

Well guys think of this way if it is cancelled it would be like TOS, which is well loved. If it is cancelled it is cancelled that all but that doesn't mean Trek won't cease to live as long as the reruns play :laugh:

True Nem, TOS only had three seasons, but I'd think ENT would go on for seven, if it doesn't get cancelled before then....

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

TOS was cancelled because NBC went crazy..

They're going down the hole this fall because of friends and frasier leaving..

Their only two good shows are SNL and the Apprentice..

Excerpt from The Expanse...

"Your UPN was attacked"-Mystery Guy

"I'm aware of that!"-Fan

"What you are not aware of is why, the hateful messages of Star Trek Enterprise was sent by the dissidents after they discovered their other scifi shows would be left in ruin if the show rised in stature"-Mystery Guy

"Why would they do that?"-Fan

"they were told by people from another network, people who can manipulate the ratings of Wednesday"-Mystery Guy

"Are these the same people the SG'ers are working for?"-Fan

"The SG'ers work for ME"-Mystery Guy

"So your the one who has tried to change certain scifi channel shows, your the one who has manipulated my favourite shows ratings from day one!"-Fan

"The dissidents were not meant to cause the disruption of UPN's Star Trek Enterprise ratings and morale"-Mystery Guy

"The messages were only a test the dissidents are creating far more hateful messages...you cannot not let that happen...if they use them they will crippple UPN"-Mystery Guy

"Why should I believe you?"-Fan

"You have no choice but to believe me!"-Mystery Guy

You know exactly what I mean watch the episode "The Expanse" again and my lines will come into focus.

I HOPE ENT NEVER DIES!!!

Edited by Carrion

Enterprise is pretty much set to go into a fourth season (at least a first half of a season). What we really have to worry about is this next season, because it will be much harder for the show to survive. This third season did really well because the producers decided to revamp the show. I have to admit the Xindi arc has been really good. The producers are going to have their hands full, trying to top it. Not that it can't be done...

it get's better, but lke DS9 it could only gos so far with the Arc driven season....

TNG was so successful because of the single episodes.... But it is good to to have linked episodes here and there...