Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Scorpians, Which Movie Were They In?

What were they classified as? Do you think they were something special, as far as shuttlecraft go? they seemed to be so small, yet so powerful. They could fly inside ships, do you remember?

They were the shuttles in the Schimitar's shuttle bay, in Nemisis.

I don't know that they were any different than any other shuttle. They appear designed for distinct assult and minimal room for personelle.

Just based on their look, i have to say they are sublight fighters. They have the traditional 2-person fighter design, no visible ftl drive, and what looks like either a single or a double barrel particle cannon.

PICTURE:

Click for Spoiler:

reman-shuttle-screen.jpg

Here's some information from Ex Astris Scientia

I shall quote the Ex Astris Scientia section on Scorpion ships...

reman-shuttle.jpg

General description

The Reman Scorpion fighter is a small craft with two seats. It is equipped with a disruptor cannon.

Annotations

The fighter appears in "Star Trek: Nemesis" and seems to be a design previously unknown to the Federation. As Data finds the name in the databank of the Scimitar, the impression is created that "Scorpion" is the official class name, rather than a (human) nickname of the design - unless he translated the name of a Romulan animal resembling a scorpion.

Known shuttles

No name given

Class specifications

Fighter

Length: approx. 7m

lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

Edited by Alterego

it makes sense the Remans had a fighter. How else can you successfully take over a city, like the Romulan Senate, and not raze it to the ground?

Thanks Doc, what a sweet little ride, huh? Do you think we could buy one around here anywhere? Somewhere between Chicago and Milwakee? :assimilated: I'd even consider a used one :klingon: the WarBird has been giving me some problems lately :wub:

Thanks Doc, what a sweet little ride, huh? Do you think we could buy one around here anywhere? Somewhere between Chicago and Milwakee? :assimilated:  I'd even consider a used one :klingon:  the WarBird has been giving me some problems lately :wub:

hehehe, yw :)

Sure, but Reman technology is rather obscure in 2004 Earth...lastresort.jpg42.gif

Thanks Doc, what a sweet little ride, huh? Do you think we could buy one around here anywhere? Somewhere between Chicago and Milwakee? :assimilated:  I'd even consider a used one :wub:  the WarBird has been giving me some problems lately :)

hehehe, yw B)

Sure, but Reman technology is rather obscure in 2004 Earth...lastresort.jpg42.gif

Of course it is Doc, what do you think, I live in a Fantasyland or something :klingon:

Edited by Jeanway

Thanks Doc, what a sweet little ride, huh? Do you think we could buy one around here anywhere? Somewhere between Chicago and Milwakee? :blink:  I'd even consider a used one :)  the WarBird has been giving me some problems lately :o

hehehe, yw :)

Of course it is Doc, what do you think, I live in a Fantasyland or something :blink:

hehehe, isn't there these spinning tea-cups in Fantasyland? :) lastresort.jpg42.gif

What were they classified as?

Scorpion fighters.

Do you think they were something special, as far as shuttlecraft go?

Yes, fighters.

they seemed to be so small, yet so powerful.

Yes, indeed.

They could fly inside ships, do you remember?

Yes, I remember. However, they were not designed to do so. Captain Picard and Mr. Data were just lucky enough the the Schimitar had large corridors and that the Scorpion-class fighter was small enough to fly down them.

As for your post title and decription:

Scorpians, Which Movie Were They In?, The little inside shuttle.

They are seen in the movie Star Trek: Nemesis. They are not little inside shuttles, they are Scorpion-class attack fighters.