Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

An Idea

master_q,

I am curious what you think would appeal to a broader audience. I think the idea of the babe in the catsuit was planned after that line of thought but it doesn't seem to be working. In fact some of my friends refer to T'Pol as a reason they quit watching the show. It seems to me that a strong plot seems to be what keeps shows in the top ten. Look at Law & Order - they've changed every cast member at least once, never concentrate on cast's personal lives (they sure don't rub glitter gel on each other) and they're the longest running drama on television and still in the top ten.

ddillard - I like the contest idea - I think there's a way they could make it work.

all,

I think the appeal ST has had for me can be described in the words of a guest character to Tom Paris; "You're not like the other men I know - you care about something other than your own little life" And that is what has drawn me to ST, people that are really interested in something - in science, in knowledge; and ST personnel have made a commitment to live by a standards of truth and principle. Maybe I am one of the dinasaurs master-q is talking about but if they start caring about nothing but their own little lives I wouldn't watch anymore

I agree that the money could be spent on the show, but it would be a way to bring in new ideas, and anything that went in the face of the canon could be disqualified, but it would give a way for the fans to get a chance to contribute. And the contest rules could state that all scripts would become the sole property of Paramont and that the writers would not receive monetary compensation for the use now or in the future of any of their works.

And maybe let the winning writer have a small one or two line part in the episode.

First off all I think there has been a bit of confusion. I do think fans should be allowed to send in scripts. However, I do not believe that fans should completely take over the show. (And don’t forget a large percent if not a majority of the people that work for ST actually is fans.)

I completely agree about T'Pol and to me it is a major turn off for the show. I come to watch ST to have some thought provoking good written episodes. TNG pulled that off the greatest. (Or at least that’s what I think)

And don’t get me wrong I never said (I’m not saying that anyone is assuming me of doing so) that ST’s philosophy and main principal should be changed. TheUnicornHunter, the main ideals about a better future and all the things that come with it in Gene’s major image for the show should not be changed. So I don’t think that, but I think most fans don’t see the whole picture for ST and its future.

To improve ENT . . . I don’t know . . . and truthfully I have not seen most of the new episodes and so I can’t really say. The last full episode I watched seemed very predicable and really just stunk. It was really bad. That’s all I can say. But of course I do know that there has to be some good episodes. “Judgment” sounded great and it seems many fans liked it. But I it seems overall ENT a majority of the episodes so far have not been that good. Hopefully that will change next season and I really hope so.

For major improvements yes I would agree that this ‘rubbing of gel on each other’ should stop completely. ST is a family show! And to the fact that the producers of the show just did not show them rubbing gel, but actually zooming the camera in and all of that and it to me is just dumb. The reason TNG was so popular (it was the #1 1-hour show on TV at the time) was because of the stories. We need to writing. We also need a new direction for the show and truthfully I don’t see any direction right now. They don’t have an arrow going anywhere. We have this episodes then this making it have relatively no correlation. I really would have to watch the show a bit more before I could really write out all of my general ideas to the show.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I agree that the money could be spent on the show, but it would be a way to bring in new ideas, and anything that went in the face of the canon could be disqualified, but it would give a way for the fans to get a chance to contribute.  And the contest rules could state that all scripts would become the sole property of Paramont and that the writers would not receive monetary compensation for the use now or in the future of any of their works.

And maybe let the winning writer have a small one or two line part in the episode.

Maybe they could do an online pre-qualifying test to weed out those who had no concept of the canon - and let those people who passed submit their scripts. It would reduce paperwork. The winner could probably do a walk-on with no lines because of SAG rules but hey - just to be there.

master_q Posted on Apr 29 2003, 05:39 PM

I really would have to watch the show a bit more before I could really write out all of my general ideas to the show

I think it has gotten better, I hope the last episode you watched wasn't A Night in Sickbay or The Seventh or even Vanishing Point. Episodes like Cease Fire, Future Tense, Judgment, and The Breach have been wonderful.

I think it has gotten better, I hope the last episode you watched wasn't A Night in Sickbay or The Seventh or even Vanishing Point.  Episodes like Cease Fire, Future Tense, Judgment, and The Breach have been wonderful.

Unfortunately it was probably one of those episodes.

But I will watch the next episode (or even if it is a re-run) this Wed

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I cannot wait for this weeks episode, it is supposed to be very good. The trailer they have been running is hilarious though with the way the cut from Trip saying "I know how to do it with two species, but with three?" (paraphrasing) and then to Phlox's line of "I have pictures."

It could,potentially,do more harm than good to trek.I know a lot of fans,including myself,who have some very definite ideas about Star trek that may not go over well with the majority of fans around the world... :laugh: