Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Episode Spotlight

Voyager is trapped in high orbit of a strange planet. Appearing as a bright new star in the sky Voyager is unabel to break orbit without ripping the planet apart. The planets population is able to see this strange new star in the sky and names it "Ground Shaker".

Time on this strange planet goes by very quickly, minutes on Voyager is decades on the surface, as time goes by Voyager quickly becomes part of the planets mythos.

Full Episode Synopsis:.

Click For Spoiler

This is one of my favorite episodes from Voyager.It is a great story and I loved watching the people of the planet grow into intelligent beings.

if u think about it... the doctor has had the most outrageous away missions.... being transported twice accross the galaxy..once to fight the romulans, once to meet his dad....then spending few months on the desert planet with tuvok, tom , and some tuvok-groupie..then there was the years he spent on this planet where he raised a son?? lest we mention when his backup file was run 500 years into the future... i mean geez talk about non conventional missions...

I thought that that episode was one of the best on voyager because it showed the growth of a race of people and how fear doesnt always help in making good choices :wub:

I wish i had seen more Voyager episodes. I have seen all of TNG, most all of DS9... but not a lot of Voyager. Simply put there first 2 seasons sucked IMO. then i picked it up again to see it had gotten good :wub: Cant wait till i can download the episodes :laugh: heh or buy the seaon DVD's. Sounds like a great episode.

I liked the episode but, always the fussy little bunny, i had a few problems with it in terms of reality. I mean, withinin a few days outside thousands of years passed on the planet. Well how many years old would the planet itself :wub: actually have been? Had Voyager arrived there a week earlier would they have seen dinosaurs on the planet? And isnt it funny that Voyager arrived in the few days that humanoids went through their most significant evolution? Do you know what I mean? K

I had thought the same things, but who's to say that this was the first humanoid life to evolve there? It could aslo be argued that their culture would have stayed in the "dark age" had it not been for Voyagers arrival. Remember, it was said that Voyager itself was the cause for much of this planets evolution. Almost everything after Voyager's arrival was done in response to or in reactin to Voyager. How many thousands of years might that culture have gone with the advancements they made were it not for the "Sky Friends"?

I liked the episode but, always the fussy little bunny, i had a few problems with it in terms of reality.  I mean, withinin a few days outside thousands of years passed on the planet. Well how many years old would the planet itself  :wub: actually have been? Had Voyager arrived there a week earlier would they have seen dinosaurs on the planet? And isnt it funny that Voyager arrived in the few days that humanoids went through their most significant evolution? Do you know what I mean? K

The episode had to start somewhere! Loved it.

I wish i had seen more Voyager episodes.  I have seen all of TNG, most all of DS9... but not a lot of Voyager.  Simply put there first 2 seasons sucked IMO.  then i picked it up again to see it had gotten good :wub:  Cant wait till i can download the episodes :laugh: heh or buy the seaon DVD's.  Sounds like a great episode.

I thought the same thing about the first two seasons, but after re-watching some first season episodes they were a lot better than I remember them being.