Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

How Many Seas are there?

An Ocean is a vast expanse of salt water.

A Sea is a large inland body of water, salt or fresh, partly enclosed by the land.

There are 13, can you name them? B)

Edited by Jeanway

Are there really only 13? I can think of several in Asia alone, not to mention the several in the Antarctic region.

Another interesting question: Can you name the seas on the moon?

Are there really only 13?  I can think of several in Asia alone, not to mention the several in the Antarctic region. 

Another interesting question:  Can you name the seas on the moon?

And the race is on B)

O.K.

1. Carribean Sea

2. Mediterranean Sea

3. South China Sea

4. Bering Sea

5. Gulf of Mexico

6. Sea of Okhotsk

7. East China Sea

8. Japan Sea

9. Hudson Bay

10. North Sea

11. Black Sea

12. Red Sea

13. Baltic Sea

I could really be wrong, but aren't there more, Ross Sea, Weddell sea, Carribean, Mediterranean, Galilee, etc.?

Jeanway, those are the 13 largest seas...

what about the dead sea???

Are there really only 13?  I can think of several in Asia alone, not to mention the several in the Antarctic region. 

I think there are about 20, right nik? The ones I can remember because they sound pretty :frusty: : Serpent, Tranquility, Vapors, Muscovy, Waves, Clouds, Serenity, Crisis, and the Ocean of Storms. Even if I could remember them all there'd still probably be more I haven't heard of yet. :frusty: So stop trying to bust my chops, nik :P :P You know your slowly approaching High CrapHound statis, in my book, don't you? :P

I think there are about 20, right nik?  The ones I can remember because they sound pretty :frusty: : Serpent, Tranquility, Vapors, Muscovy, Waves, Clouds, Serenity, Crisis, and the Ocean of Storms. Even if I could remember them all there'd still probably be more I haven't heard of yet. :frusty: So stop trying to bust my chops, nik :P  :P You know your slowly approaching High CrapHound statis, in my book, don't you? :P

Actually, Jeanway, you know more lunar seas than I! (That's part of the reason why I asked.) Thanks for the lesson! Not trying to bust anything, really.

I'll lay off a bit. Really don't want to be anyone's craphound......

Jeanway, those are the 13 largest seas...

what about the dead sea???

WeareBorg, I think maybe, and I'm not really sure, but those are lakes named Seas, understand? Or maybe they aren't really vast enough to be in this classification, I don't know Weareborg, I'm not a darn computer, you know. :frusty: I just started the topic, Man between you and nik your going to drive me around the bend, and I don't HAVE far to go. :frusty:

WeareBorg, I think maybe, and I'm not really sure, but those are lakes named Seas, understand? Or maybe they aren't really vast enough to be in this classification, I don't know Weareborg, I'm not a darn computer, you know. :frusty: I just started the topic, Man between you and nik your going to drive me around the bend, and I don't HAVE far to go. :frusty:

Jeanway, illius me paenitet, ex veritas! Die dulci freure.

Yes, I am

Now quit it nik :frusty:

Edited by Jeanway

" The Devil damn thee black, thou cream faced loon "    nik  :frusty:

Very nice...... unfortunately, I am at a loss for a worthy reply..... touche!

I think there are about 20, right nik? The ones I can remember because they sound pretty :frusty: : Serpent, Tranquility, Vapors, Muscovy, Waves, Clouds, Serenity, Crisis, and the Ocean of Storms. Even if I could remember them all there'd still probably be more I haven't heard of yet. :frusty: So stop trying to bust my chops, nik :P :P You know your slowly approaching High CrapHound statis, in my book, don't you? :P

Here are the rest:

Smythe, Eastern, Nectar, Sea of the Edge, Islands, Cleverness, Fecunducy, Cold, Humbolt, Moisture, Showers, Foaming Sea. :hug:

Smythe, Eastern, Nectar, Sea of the Edge, Islands, Cleverness, Fecunducy, Cold, Humbolt, Moisture, Showers, Foaming Sea. :frusty:

Really, for sure! That's great Jeanway. One learns something new every day.

Gratias multas, Jeanway!

I tried looking it up but I kept getting a lot of different answers. :blink:

That's because there are alot of different answers B)