Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Residual Anti-protons

No perfect cloak...

think about it...

you would have to create a perfect vacuum or a loop feed back antimatter or a neutrino flux detectable to make the matter untraceable by sensors...

you mean reman war bird :blink:

You mean Romulan WarBird? Yes, but now that I think about it it may have been Klingon. I think in the 'Wrath of Kahn', Sulu said it. " Perfect cloak, no tachyon emmisions and no residual antiprotons" go argue with the writers. I'm just telling you what was said B)

I remember in ST 6 they were able to modify a photon torpedo to home in on the exhaust from the impulse engines of a cloaked bird of prey. Wouldn't that make any cloaked vessel detectable unless it was simply sitting dead in space? And wouldn't a starship efect gravity since it has mass. Couldn't sensors detect the distortions it creates in the local gravity field? Does that make any sense?

I once had a cloak made of cotton that did a really good job of keeping me warm on cold nights. I wouldn't say it was perfect because it had a small hole in the shoulder, and it wasn't waterproof, but it sure was nice.

Edited by nik

I once had a cloak made of cotton that did a really good job of keeping me warm on cold nights.  I wouldn't say it was perfect because it had a small hole in the shoulder, and it wasn't waterproof, but it sure was nice.

You O.K. nik? :rofl: Maybe you need to back away from that experiment for a while nik? :rofl:

I think probally advancments in technology made the exhaust thing unable to work during TNG. But if you droped alot of paint into space that only harden when it touched something would you be able to see a cloaked ship?

Why not use a magneton burst? It's been used many times to reveal unseeable objects.