Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

Aquiel Dog

I was watching the season 6 bonus disk tonight, and was thinking, the Dog from Aquiel (I think her name was Mora or somthing) was a changling, or at least had the changling goo. Where the founders around a lot sooner than we thought? I mean at the time of the episode, the Wormhole was discovered, or she could have been one of the 100 sent out by the Founders.

Just a thought

No, I don't believe you could say these were the FOunders because these creatures needed to absorb their victims DNA in order to take their form. So the real dog was killed in favor of the creature. Just as Geordi would have been killed had he not been saved.

As much as I remember about that episode the changling wasn't a sentient being like the Founders, I got the impression it was some kind of predator that used shapeshifting to get close to it's intended prey.

Yeah I agree with VBG that the DNA requirement disqualifies it as a Founder but imo that makes it all the more creepy, what was it, where did it come from, (I'm thinking of a possible Sphere builder connection for some reason :) ) was that incident the beginnings of an invasion, will they be back? What a great character it is!

The creature that killed Lt. Rocha and Moira might have been an early ancestor or relative of the Founders, but since it only had the memories of its host (Moira didn't seem like Rocha) I don't think it's actually sentient. Unlike the Founders, who have a distinct form, the coalescent has no form until it takes another's to eat it.

And we have seen other shape shifing species that were not connected with the founders. What about that species that was hunted by the Eska (sp) I think during Enterprise's 1st season? They were on a dark planet with a hunting party that hunted the shape shifters, and one of them sought out Archer for help. They were clearly not related to the founders.

There's also that key that a man punished by his government (they killed his family) used to get Odo's help in rescuing his daughter, they determined that it was distantly related. Didn't they find something in DS9 on that uninhabited planet with mists and moss where someone got sick?

Edited by Esther

And there was that shapeshifter from Star Trek 6... funny how they all showed up not long after Terminator 2 :drool:

And we have seen other shape shifing species that were not connected with the founders. What about that species that was hunted by the Eska (sp) I think during Enterprise's 1st season? They were on a dark planet with a hunting party that hunted the shape shifters, and one of them sought out Archer for help. They were clearly not related to the founders.

How do you know that that shape-shifter wasn't part of the founders. According to the Founder Female in "The Search" she states that 2000 years ago, the changlings were hunted and that they formed the dominoin. Who knows, maybe that chnageling in Rouge Planet might have been the beginnings of the founders. :drool:

Just a thought.

How do you know that that shape-shifter wasn't part of the founders. According to the Founder Female in "The Search" she states that 2000 years ago, the changlings were hunted and that they formed the dominoin. Who knows, maybe that chnageling in Rouge Planet might have been the beginnings of the founders. :laugh:

Just a thought.

The Founders have to regenerate regularly. Remember Odo's bucket? He has to loose form and revert to a gelatinous mass.

The shape shifters on the dark planet had a snail-like form they reverted to when they were not shape-shifting. There was no great-link style pools. Remember that the "lady" who talked to Archer reverted to its shape when it left him for the last time?

And the hunters would not have wanted them for trophies if they did not have an actual form. They could tell the difference between the ages of the shapeshifters..remember, the young ones panic. The have actual beings very different from the founders.

Also the founders do not have the ability to reach into the mind like these shape shifters do. Would the founders "evolve" and loose such a vital survival tool?

They are not founders, in my opinion.