Sign in to follow this  
jefffitz

air america

Star Trek embraces every ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, and political alignment- but due to ST's basic values, I'd think most viewers are Liberal or Moderate.

If you're looking for an alternative to Rush Limbaugh on talk radio, check out AirAmerica.com. Al Franken's show the O'Franken Factor is awesome!

Politically, I'm a "rational anarchist" (read Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress), but it is nice to hear views that haven't been filtered through the right wing news agencies. It's definitely not Fox.

Umm, actually i think most star trek viewers are conservative or moderate. At least, that's what was shown in the facts last time. And as Air America goes, they are, well, let me just say that they resorted to suing a radio station. One they owed money to, in order to stay on the air.

OOPS, I thought you were referring to the movie ' Air America ' which I love. :tomcat:

A good buddy of mine, a purple heart recipient, was listening to Air America, and he said the host made a comment about electing Kerry because he's a war hero, and you can't go wrong electing a man who's earned the Purple heart. My buddy's response?

I've got the Purple heart. By this person's observations, I'd make a good president. if they knew that I want to see our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan meet up in Tehran, they might not think so. or the fact that I'd have re-instituted the Draft and called up the National Gaurd following 9/11, so I could make sure we deal with Every terrorist nation, including the Palestinians, the Syrians, and the Lybians, in a timely fashion. they call George W. Bush the devil, and criticise him for envolving us a "stalemate", they should realise there are some of us who would have pacified all of the middle east AND told the UN to lay a wet one on our large American Hind Parts.

Needless to say, this guy is one of my DEAREST friends, and could teach me a thing or two about being Militaristic. I want him to call up "Air America" and SHOW them what a Militaristic warmonger sounds like, cus if they think Bush is one, they ain't got a clue!

Did you get your facts from Murdock or Limbaugh?

Just wondering?

I got it from boortz, actually. I don't think i've ever heard murdock and i find it difficult listening to limbaugh (i prefer to avoid listening to him, as i have mentioned in another thread). I hope you've heard boortz, he's pretty cool, and sometimes he can be downright funny :bow: .

Star Trek embraces every ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, and political alignment- but due to ST's basic values, I'd think most viewers are Liberal or Moderate.

Liberal to moderate describes me, but I think on this board you will find conservative views well represented.

Here is the Middle line on the political scale...

>|___________________________________________|<I am here

I'm right there with you. Its pretty pathetic when the only liberal radio show has to PAY for its own air time. I heard that the show went down, and both of its listeners were furious. Really...If you want the liberal view, just turn on CNN...

I was just watching CNN last week, and they had a media spokesperson from an Arab news channel, talking about the coverage of the incident in Failugah...Is that the correct spelling? Probably not...But, they were comparing that incident to Somalia. The Arab said that the Arab news networks were saying that this happened under the presidency of George Bush Sr!!! The dumb@$$ CNN reporter didnt even correct the Arab, and remind her that it was CLINTON!!! She just sat there with a stupid grin on her face.

Edited by 8247