Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

Do you agree that..

It has been my observation that most people have the opinion that Trek series really kicks off after 2-3 seasons.

I think that a series needs about 2 seasons for the actors to get into their characters and for us to get to know them and learn to understand them. This I think has also been the case with Enterprise, many people have bashed it right from the start, but I have grown to really enjoy ENT and the characters..

Do you think that a series needs a couple of seasons to really kick off, and if you do, why do you think that is the case? And last, do you think people have really given ENT a chance to grow on them..?

Yes, I agree that it happens that way most of the time. The exceptions have been DS9, which was great from the beginning, and TOS since it only had a total of 3 seasons.

I agree with what you said, about the actors finding their characters. I also think that once that has been accomplished, it is possible for them to develop chemistry between characters, which I think is extremely important for the success of a show.

I feel that Enterprise is well on it's way to being a great series. It has had a shaky couple of years, the third season was much improved and I expect it to keep improving. Fans have to be patient, those who bash it and give up on it are probably going to lose out in the end.

I think that if a show's going to grab my attention, it needs to be great by the 2nd season, otherwise I loose interrest. With that said, I think TOS was great from the beginning as well as TNG, DS9 finding it's stride by season 2 along with VOY, where as ENT got great half way into season 1. B)

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I Believe So, Since DS9 Didn't Really Have Me Hooked Til I Saw The Season 2 Finale.

As For TNG, Season Also Seemed To Be It's "Coming Along" Year.

Voyager...Season 3 Again For Me, lol

And I've Barely Seen Season 2 Of Enterprise And Only The First Episode From Season 1...But I Have Seen Almost All Of Season 3 So Far, I Like It.

TOS Was Great In Season 1, No Doubt.

I think i am going to have to agree with everyone else. Almost all star trek shows didnt really get me hooked till season 2-3.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

B)

I have another question, do you agree with me that there has been a lot more bashing of ENT then any other series, and that is hasn't even been given a chance?

When VOY started most people gave it a chance and grew to like it, even though many disliked it from the beginning (at least people I have asked), but IMO it doesn't seem like people have given ENT the same chance..

If you agree with me, why do you think that is the case? If you don't agree, why?

Edited by Stelfan

I agree with you and I may be totally off-base, but I think it's because of the internet. Fans have a lot more contact with each other through the internet than they used to. Unfortunately you not only have contact with real fans, but with those who call themselves fans but do nothing but criticize the show, want to change it, make it better, save it, etc etc. These faux-fans can have a lot louder voice when it's so easily spread online and seem to gain more momentum than they could in the past.

I think Enterprise gets more bashing because it's the only trek show on now. DS9 and VOY were on at the same time for a while so the bashing was spread out between them. Enterprise gets it all heaped on it alone.

I think part of the reason why Enterprise is so bashed is because we as Star Trek fans are spoiled for choice. In 11 years we have had 3 series and 4 or 5 regular movies. Fans bash Enterprise because they are spoilt and like spoilt children, they can only complain and whine.

I feel that Trek is oversaturated and that we should let Enterprise continue on its seven year journey and then wait a period of 4-5 years, maybe bring out an ENT movie, build up some hunger among fans and then release the seventh series. I hope its set in the TOS timeframe, I can't wait.

No, and this is the most rediculas statement about the franchise. Star Trek was good in the first 2 seasons, I liked TNG's first 2 seasons, and DS9's season 2 is one of my favorite seasons in all of trek. Heck, even Voyager at it's strongest was the first 4 seasons of the series. Personally, I don't know where this statement came from.

I don't really agree that a series will "kick off" after season 2-3. Although I didn't like voyager's first couple seasons after a while though, it began to grow on me.