Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

What would VBG do?

Okay, at my forum, I've had a problem. A member registered under the Username Captain Jean Luc Picard. Now, in several posts, including one I did not delete for possible use as evidence later, He posted references to this site. Now, given that sort of observation, I made the assumption that it was, in fact, the CJLP from here. the person was offered a Moderator post. when they didn't respond to PMs on my board, I pm'd CJLP here. this is when I discovered the problem. Now, for some clarification, I gave the person Moderator status assuming he WAS CJLP from here, a member who I may not always agree with, but a member I can trust. upon realising they were not the same, I acted, perhaps wrongfully. I deleted the other CJLP's account, and removed him as a moderator, and the CJLP from here joined and I gave HIM Mod status.

Still with me? it gets complicated now.

The other CJLP returned, and re-registered. he PM'd me, which is a good idea, then took matters into his own hands, and procedded to harrass, at least in my perspective, the Mod CJLP. banned the offending member, and I told him I will resolve the situation. the problem is, I don't know HOW to resolve it.

here are some examples of what's been going on.

One CJLP harrassing another

STF.net reference

So, The question I am asking is, WWVBGD? What would VBG do?

Guest Guest

To be fair, you offered the modship to the first CJLP originally, he should get it even though he wasn't who you thought he was.

Stardate:214279.9

Now I am obviously not VBG but I'm gonna throw im my two cents anyways :lol: .

First off Jim you made one big mistake IMO.You should of found out from CJLP(our CJLP) if he was in fact the CJLP in question at your board BEFORE giving him mod status.The golden rule-NEVER ASSUME.

Second after finding out that you screwed up I dont think you should of just outright deleted the guy.I know if I was in his position I would of been ticked as well.Instead maybe you should of just removed his MOD status and explained to him the situation.

Third IMO what I think you should do is give CJLP(our CJLP) MOD status and try to explain to the CJLP in question what happened.After that if he doesnt like then screw him. :lol:

You have a hell of a problem here Jim.I don't envy you.