Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Aspects of trek love

okay I was just reading my quote book of star trek quotes and I came to a realisation. I don't just watch trek for the pretty pictures of planet and cinematography. TOS certainly was more like a play at the time than anoy of the other series since and was therefore shot that way. But what I have been watching the show for was its humanity and contact between cultures.

That being said I know people will say the cultures are different alien species to which I say, the general idea was to have aliens to look like us not just because of practicality, but also for the species to be a metaphore for different cultures.

So what keeps you watching Trek year after year and defending it against the infidels who think it stupid?

post-9-1081729633.gif

I watch it year after year because I like the idea of being on a starship and traveling around the galaxy. I think it would be really cool if something like that existed. I've always liked the characters in ST as well and the fact that they all come from different cultures and planets and work together without much conflict. Of course I've always liked Mr. Spock. I fell in love with Star Trek by watching Star Trek the Wrath of Kahn for the first time when I was in the seventh grade and it's been a love affair ever since. :blush:

What keeps me watching is the interaction between the characters..Especially between the different alien characters. I think that's why I like DS9 so much. There were so many different alien characters that needed to form relationships, good and bad..Course what hooked me first was the interaction between Spock and the humans in TOS..

Special effects and starships are cool but it wouldn't be Star Trek without interesting character interaction IMO..

Stardate:214279.9

I watch for the stories,the characters,and the fact that its trek.

I watch Trek for the same reason most of you do, the characters and their interaction with each other. It helps that they are on a BIG starship fighting some nasty enemy :lol:, but the characters are the most important aspect of Star Trek.

Guest Ktrek

I watch Trek for a number of reasons.

1. I love Sci-fi and Trek, unlike most sci-fi, offers a hopeful view of the future.

2. They have consistently written characters I could care about.

3. The writing is often thought provoking and sometimes humorous. They really have a good blend of many different styles and types of stories.

4. I love the special effects and the ship designs.

5. Good triumphs over evil.

6. I love the fandom that comes with being a Trekker. Star Trek instantly connects you with other fans even though you have never met before.

7. It is and always has been the best thing on televison. I do not look forward to the day when there is no more Trek. :lol:

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek