Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

More Thoughts On Character Changes

There's speculation that there may be character changes in the third season. What new character do you think we need. There seems to be agreement from previous posts that a recurring role of nurse or physician's assistant is needed. What other character would you like to see?

I would still like to see a another female officer - one that doesn't wear a catsuit and higher ranked than ensign like Lt. Commander - you know, I'd like to see a science officer that gets excited by science. Why do they make science officers Vulcans? Science is not boring - but T'Pol makes it seem that way.

Maybe they could use a Chaplain or a counselor, but I would like to see more science like an Anthropologist and/or astronomer on board - at least in recurring roles. In truth a lot of characters would probably need to have dual specialties to be on the first star ship. You notice how many people show up in Sick Bay during an emergency - where are they the rest of the time?

i think a counsellor would be an interesting addition... any ideas on who could play them? I certainly wouldn't want to lose any of the main characters, but i think that there is definitely enough room to add one or two more

Suzie Plakson's always great for a recurring role but I think she would make a good ship's captain as was mentioned in another thread. She could be an alien that becomes an ally with Archer.

I think Susan Debney would be good as a counselor or a scientist - but I read she was working on another show. I'm mentioning mainly females because I think the balance is off as it is. There's another actress I like - Kristin Lehman - she played the girlfriend on the short lived series Strange World and she had a guest role on Andromeda - I think she could play a "real" officer. Hoshi just isn't convincing as an "officer" - she's whiney and high maintenance; gifted linguist or not - if she wears the uniform you need to know you can count on her.

I agree, hoshi is sooooooooo whiney, she is still a good character and is obv very gifted but i just wish she would moan a little less... she is most definitely very high maintenence!!

I have to admit that i am not familiar with any of the actresses u mentioned, but i would have to suggest someone like Megan Leitch who played Kira in the SG-1 episode 'past and present'... She played a doctor/scientist in that episode and i guess she just seemed perfect for that kind of role, i could totally see her as a counsellor on Enterprise

I have to admit that i am not familiar with any of the actresses u mentioned,... 

Suzie Plakson has been a guest on TNG (Dr. Solar, K'Ehleyr), Voy (Female Q) and Enterprise (Andorian named Tarah).

Suzie Plakson

I don't know who the other 2 are that she mentioned.

I really dont think that a counselor would be needed yet. When you mentioned this i thought of a scene from a recent episode (which i cant remember off top of my head, Horizon i think). Where Mayweather makes a comment about having familys on StarShips and Reed (not suprisingly) thinks unfondly of the idea and mentions that if his family was aboard then the ship would need a Psychologist. I kinda agree with Reed on that subject. I think that another character might be too much.. but instead allow the other characters devolpe more and expand on their own abilities.

I have to admit that i am not familiar with any of the actresses u mentioned, but i would have to suggest someone like Megan Leitch who played Kira in the SG-1 episode 'past and present'... She played a doctor/scientist in that episode and i guess she just seemed perfect for that kind of role, i could totally see her as a counsellor on Enterprise

Is that the one where everyone lost their memories when they got younger - And Dr. Jackson really her. I liked that actress.

Suzie Plakson played Robert's evil ex-wife Joanne on "Everybody Loves Raymond" and Joan, Jamie's lesbian obstetrician on "Mad About You." Joan wasn't evil. :laugh:

I think it would be totally choice if one of the promised new recurring characters was a strong woman who had a passionate, sweaty affair with Captain Archer. :laugh: Anything to get his mind off T'Pol and utilize Scott's sex appeal.

I think a new character would be nice, as long as we did not have to lose any of the current cast. Maybe a nurse, or another science lead. Another idea would be for there to be an "Assistant Chief Engineer" (not sure of the right title), maybe they could put a female in this role, maybe have Trip taking a promising female engineer under his wing to show her the ropes so that she can assume control of engineering in his absence. I mean someone has to be in charge in the Engineering section when he is on the bridge or on away missions.