• YES
    • NO
    • I don't care

Each series has had it's own feel.

TOS - Cheesy

TNG - Dramatic

DS9 - Dark

VOY - Bright & happy

I was thinking ENT should have more of a bright but scarry type feel to the series. Scarry as in danger, not scarry as in dark like on DS9.

So, what do you posters think?

I vote YES!

I voted no, i don't think Star Trek is supposed to be scary, as far as DS9 i wouldn't say it was dark, but more true to real life as in how real people are (not larger than life)

i think Enterprise should be a bit more both dramatic and maybe scary.. but i do like where the series is going

i think a few scary episodes would be good but i also think that the show should be more contreversial. maybe relate to current problems in OUR society. I watched the tos episode 'space seed' last night and it did a good job at saying genetic engineering is wrong. i like episoded like that.

I voted Yes because I think Enterprise is about the Human race conquering their fear of the unknown. I'm not really thinking of cheap scares here, though. I'm thinking of the huge prospect of what the crew of the Enterprise is doing. They are the ONLY human ship to have gone out this far. Nothing whatsoever is known about where they're going except for a few unhelpful factoids compiled by the Vulcans. The Galaxy is a dangerous place. Every species is different from each other and earthmen haven't met most of them. The potential for war to break out is huge (and it happened. Both with Romulans and Klingons.). Also, since they are the only human ship out there, nobody would be able to rescue them if something went wrong. Yes, it would be thrilling to be a part of the Enterprise crew, but it would also be sobering. I would think that there is so much we do not know. Will luck keep us alive until we get our footing?

In a way I think it's already scary. This is a ship that doesn't have the futuristic technolgies of the 24th century. Heck they don't even have some of the bare bone essentials of the 23rd centuries. They're in space with an experimental ship, crew and have nothing in front of the but the big unknown cosmos to explore. But I don't know if it's neccesary for it to become Aliens the TV series. Maybe a couple episodes...but not all of them.

i voted no, i also dont think DS9 was dark but it was more true to life ordeals. i think some things ENT will face are inevidibly gonna be scary, but not freddy krueger scary. more unknown scary. i like almost all the episodes alot, so i like the direction its going, and ill be looking forward to more whatever it is.

This is exactly what tptb had in mind when they wrote Hoshi screaming in Fight or Flight, (to less than rave reviews.) I am not clear if you mean scarier for us, the characters or both so I will comment on each.

I think it's gonna happen, based on what I know is coming up at the end of this season and it seems intended to raise the Fear Factor for the audience but if the events which are going to be causing chills to run down our spines are going to have the same effect on the characters, I don’t know.

Do you think the characters should have some real fear they need to overcome or have they been in space long enough to know to expect anything?

Im not sure why you mean by 'scarrier' but I think just the opposite. More drama would be nice i think but not too much more. If anything i think they are on the right track. ENT should show a whole lot of ignorance, arrogance, and innocence. As the seasons move on we should start to see those 3 traits begin to dwindle as the crew and StarFleet gains more experience and confidence. But like any good series, I think that ENT should gain too much confidence and be 'put in place.' We have seen this already when Archer decided to take ENT back to Earth (Jupiter Station) to complete some Upgrades and Repairs.

I voted no, because I do not believe that Star Trek was ever meant to be scary. I like the drama, and the suspense that we have always seen in Star Trek, and I don't think that the series should start going for the horror scares that alot of Sci Fi shows are going to anymore. I say keep it the way it is.

I voted no, because I do not believe that Star Trek was ever meant to be scary.  I like the drama, and the suspense that we have always seen in Star Trek, and I don't think that the series should start going for the horror scares that alot of Sci Fi shows are going to anymore.  I say keep it the way it is.

When Trek went scary most of the time it has a strong message with it. Chain of Command is an example - the horrors of torture.

I voted no, because I do not believe that Star Trek was ever meant to be scary.  I like the drama, and the suspense that we have always seen in Star Trek, and I don't think that the series should start going for the horror scares that alot of Sci Fi shows are going to anymore.  I say keep it the way it is.

When Trek went scary most of the time it has a strong message with it. Chain of Command is an example - the horrors of torture.

I agree with the point you are making, but I consider that to have been more dramatic than scary. When I think of a show being scary I think more along the lines of Aliens and Freddy.

i think we need more tng borg type of scary. i was really little when i started watching the show. maybe 4 (now im 16). the borg really freaked me out. they are just so ominous and undefeatable. (well, at least until voyager came along).

When I say scary, I mean in terms of suspense, danger, and threatening aliens of unkown origins (possibly established aliens).

Example: VOY "Dark Frontier"

That's the kind of scary I mean. Aliens and Freddy is horror, and I don't like either. :wub:

well, totally off topic:

THE ALIENS QUADRILOGY

the first movie "ALIEN" absolutely rocked. it is amazing. i have watched it many times and still love it.

the second movie "ALIENS" was even better. lots of suspense. really exciting. one of my favorite movies.

the third movie "ALIEN 3" sucked pretty bad. really corny. bad acting. just overall crappy.

the fourth movie "ALIEN RESURRECTION" sucked even worse. one of he worst movies ever made. it had terrible sfx, bad story, crappy new aiens, and bad acting again.

the first two movies are in my favorites, the last two suck worse then most movies. watch the first two.

-----------------

back to trek:

i really like the suspense and they should have more really suspenseful episodes. they ARE in the middle of uncharted territory (at least by humans anyways.)

When I say scary, I mean in terms of suspense, danger, and threatening aliens of unkown origins (possibly established aliens).

Example: VOY "Dark Frontier"

That's the kind of scary I mean.  Aliens and Freddy is horror, and I don't like either. :look:

Okay, I can agree with you on this point then. I had misunderstood your intentions. My apologies. :laugh: