I'm working on a novel called - SOVEREIGN ENDEAVOR

It's going to tackle all kinds of issues from time travel, interstellar war, first contact with aliens, a friendship that will span millennia, love, sentiant plants as a force of nature that no man will reckon with, redemption, the legendary myth of genies and the one true genie, a battle for the future of Earth, sacrifice... worlds will unite, friendships will be tested, and one man will find himself in a final showdown between himself and a nemesis beyond anything he's imagined.

If this has grasped your interrest, let me know, and I'll share some more. :(

The center vehicle is a time machine, which currently is modelled on the Stargate, but I'm trying to make it original while keeping the "ring" shape. The focus of the story is a character, named Daniel, who invents a time machine to better mankind, but instead, must use it to save Humanity from an interstellar war with a powerful alien race. :(

make the "transportation" part as the circle, so its like a box shape...or if you want the whole thing to be circular - maybe have a smaller portal. Maybe?

Well, the idea is that it's a white, metallic ring about the size of the Stargate. The difference, however, would be that instead of an inner wheel that spins and locks, you have blue translucent sections, revealing the inner workings of the time machine. Instead of 9 chevrons, you have 3 evenly spaced emitters which glow when charged, and fire intense energy beams to the center of the gate, creating a black hole-like singularity which is then shifted into a temporal rift or wormhole, and then pulled open so that one may transport to anywhere and/or anytime within the galaxy. Sound good?