Sign in to follow this  

I'm sure I posted this somewhere else here but it might have been on the Eagles message board, but the scariest movie I've ever seen was "The Changeling" with George C. Scott.

Not sure about scary but the horror film that I consider the best and love the most is The Wicker Man. I also like the Hammer Horror version of The Mummy.

Oh I love The Wicker Man :bow: I also love those old Hammer movies, anything woth Vincent Price or Christopher Lee was always good, even if it sucked, if that makes any sense.

Not sure about scary but the horror film that I consider the best and love the most is The Wicker Man. I also like the Hammer Horror version of The Mummy.

Oh I love The Wicker Man :bow: I also love those old Hammer movies, anything woth Vincent Price or Christopher Lee was always good, even if it sucked, if that makes any sense.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Personally I was never a Price fan but Lee and Cushing were masters. Other than Hammer I also like the American version called Amacus and some of the smaller ones such as Lion (who made the Wicker Man) and Tigon British.

For some more unusual productions I would recommend a French film called 'Les Diaboliques', Hitchcock was after the rights to this book in the 50's and just got beaten to the punch by a day. After watching it you will certainly see why he wanted to direct it.

For television horror I would recommend the BBC Christmas ghost stories made in the 70's, many of them where adaptations from M. R. James short stories and are really worth a look on DVD. Some of the titles are 'Whistle and I'll Come to You', 'A Warning To The Curious' and 'The Signalman'. I also like the BBC version of 'The Day of the Triffids', its much better than the film and closer to the book.

Now, scary was about two weeks after I saw Alien for the first time.  I got into my car one morning and looked up and saw brown gooey stuff dripping from the roof.  I never moved so fast in my life getting out of that car.  After I made sure there were no aliens in the back seat I realized I had left a six pack of coke sitting behind my seat and it the temp had gotten down to 3 degrees F and it had frozen and exploded all over my car.

Alien was also one of the scariest in my book. I believe if I had seen that stuff creeping down my car window, that I would also have developed lightning speed, if I did not first lapse into shock! What a heart stopper!

Another one of my scariest was Sleepy Hollow. I was tricked by my dear niece into seeing it with her and her cousin. I was so thrilled that the child that I had once rocked, bathed, and changed diapers for was driving an automobile! "Come with us to the movies, Aunt ___!" Of course, to see my niece driving...she was once so small..........My niece's cousin spent the entire movie under her coat. I spent the whole time behind my hands, ocassionally peeking out to see it if was one of the scenes where people get ot keep their heads on. I was particularly cautious in those moments my niece intoned with her teenage exuberance..."Ooooh Aunt___, do you want to know how they did that?! " ( She had watched a film on the making of Sleepy Hollow.) I will not see that film again ever.

I even managed to watch Alien more than once.

Sixth Sense was another scary movie I could only watch once through hand filters.

I think that the film that scared me most was The Shining, I have not seen it for years but it freaked me out. The scene with the woman in the bath and one with the two little girls. :huh:

Recently I watched The Ring, now that's scary, it's one of those films that stays with you. What I mean is, when your on your own days later you think about it and it makes you go all cold and look over your shoulder. :clap:

Oh I love The Wicker Man :huh: I also love those old Hammer movies, anything woth Vincent Price or Christopher Lee was always good, even if it sucked, if that makes any sense.

Me too also! The Wicker Man is one of my all-time favorite movies, as are nearly anything with Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing, or Vincent Price. Especially Price doing Edgar Allen Poe!!!

The scariest movie I've seen so far is The Ring - I didn't think I'd ever stop crying after the scenes with the horse on the ferry. :clap: :huh:

Now, scary was about two weeks after I saw Alien for the first time.  I got into my car one morning and looked up and saw brown gooey stuff dripping from the roof.  I never moved so fast in my life getting out of that car.  After I made sure there were no aliens in the back seat I realized I had left a six pack of coke sitting behind my seat and it the temp had gotten down to 3 degrees F and it had frozen and exploded all over my car.

Alien was also one of the scariest in my book. I believe if I had seen that stuff creeping down my car window, that I would also have developed lightning speed, if I did not first lapse into shock! What a heart stopper!

I wasn't that scared by Alien (haven't seen the sequels) just extremely grossed out, especially by that thing that popped out of that guy's stomach! Where's RC's *gag* smiley when you need it?

But the more modern stuff is scarier, or at least I cannot bear to look at it. I don't watch the latest stuff, because the stuff I mentioned completely terrified me, and I know they continue to become more effective with terifying special effects.