Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Ronald D. Moore goes for a Hatch-back

Ronald D. Moore goes for a Hatch-back

gohRichardHatch.jpg

The original Apollo, Richard Hatch, will guest in the new Battlestar Galactica.

Hatch has told Sci Fi Wire.com that he is negotiating to appear as an all-new character in at least one episode of the new series of Battlestar Galactica. The show has been picked up for a thirteen episode run after the success of a two part mini-series, screened earlier this year.

In an interview Hatch explained the reasons behind him jumping ship – the actor was behind plans to continue Battlestar Galactica where the old series left off.

"There are very talented, gifted people involved in this version of Battlestar," Hatch said, adding that executive producer Ronald D. Moore first approached him at a Battlestar Galactica 25th anniversary event.

"I enjoyed my conversations with him. We discussed that if Sci Fi did pick up the series he might be interested in talking to me about coming on and guest starring on the show. I said, 'Ron, if it was something that would really challenge me as an actor it would be a win-win circumstance, meaning something I'd love doing and would add value to the show, that I would be open to discussing.'"

According to Hatch his role is similar to Nelson Mandela in that he "challenges the powers that be".

Hatch also voiced his hopes that the character will reappear. "I think the way they set it up is that it's a guest star role that could have a life depending on circumstances. There's been no determination made on that."

Apollo was my fav character in Battlestar...I really enjoyed that show...

but new was good and the changes didn't bother me...I found it interesting

and I'm looking forward to the series.... :(

Edited by v_seven

:huh: I cant what to see what he will be in the show he is a good acter :(