Sign in to follow this  
Stardreamer

What do you recommand?

Hi Aussies and everyone who visited West Australia!

My hubby and I are planning our this year's vacation. We'll want to visit West Australia in October/november 2004. Of course we'll visit Perth, the Wave Rock, the Pinacles and Monkey Mia.

Are there any other places you would recommand? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Haven't been to WA yet but these are the places I always file away for future reference when I see them on travel shows. Trouble is that there is so much to see and WA is such a huge state.

Snorkelling with the whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef.

Exmouth

Geralton

Rottnest Island to see the quokkas. You can spend the day cycling on the island.

Margaret River

Albany

Kauri forests- can't remember where they are.

stromolmites- Carnarvon?

Maybe the rains will be kind enough and some wildflowers will still be on show. Let's hope so.

Western Australia Tourism website

come to my place for tea / coffee....seriously!!! you let me know exactly when your coming to the metro area and ill show you around - if its november, any day is cool for me, if its ocotber - it'll have to be on a saturday or sunday (sunday's better!).

hey, and ill give you a tour of the city and all its glory.

im a west aussie!!

OK.........Im an Aussie and first of all its called Western Australia not West Australia.

Now that thats done, we are all friendly people but some can get a bit carried away.

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay!

OK.........Im an Aussie and first of all its called Western Australia not West Australia.

Now that thats done, we are all friendly people but some can get a bit carried away.

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello stardreamer and hubby,

you will love WA, we lived in Albany for a year, its a nice place but a bit windy.

there is a sandlewood factory just outside of Albany, its a beautiful place and if your there at the right time you go into the meditation room and be GONGED !!!

trust me, once you have been gonged, you will never forget it

enjoy your stay in our beautiful country......

Hi Aussies and everyone who visited West Australia!

My hubby and I are planning our this year's vacation. We'll want to visit West Australia in October/november 2004. Of course we'll visit Perth, the Wave Rock, the Pinacles and Monkey Mia.

Are there any other places you would recommand? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Hi there :laugh:

I live in Western Australia and I have travelled around most of it. I would recommend visiting the following places:

Perth

The Ningaloo Reef

Monkey Mia

The Kimberleys (in the far north of WA)

Kalbarri (about two hours north of Geraldton)

Mt. Augustus (a huge and spectacular mountain)

Wittenoon (there are lots of spectacular gorges there)

Rottnest Island (I have never been there but I have heard its a great place to visit)

The South West of WA is beautiful, especially Margaret River, Yallingup, Walpole, Manjimup, Denmark and Albany.

You will love Western Australia!

Madam Captain out!!

Haven't been to WA yet but these are the places I always file away for future reference when I see them on travel shows. Trouble is that there is so much to see and WA is such a huge state.

Snorkelling with the whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef.

Exmouth

Geralton

Rottnest Island to see the quokkas.  You can spend the day cycling on the island.

Margaret River

Albany

Kauri forests- can't remember where they are.

stromolmites- Carnarvon?

Maybe the rains will be kind enough and some wildflowers will still be on show.  Let's hope so.

Western Australia Tourism website

Hi there :laugh:

I live in Western Australa and I have been to most of the places on your list. I had to laugh when I saw that you had Geraldton on your list. I went to highschool in Geraldton and I wouldn't recommend it as a holiday destination. However, that is just my opinion and I guess if you have never been there before, it might be different. I haven't been snorkelling on Ningaloo Reef with the whale sharks but I know lots of people who have and they said it was absolutely fantastic.

The stromatolites are actually near Monkey Mia (not Carnarvon). I have been there once before and they were quite fascinating. I am from Carnarvon originally and there are heaps of great places around there to visit too.

The wildflower season has usually ended by October/November, which is when Stardreamer is planning to visit Western Australia. The wildflower season starts in about June/July if there has been enough rain for them to grow. I have seen some spectacular wildflowers in previous years.

ill be the tour guide of the city!!!!!!!!!

madam captain - where are you? - im in the metro area (30mins south of the CBD)

Thanks for your help!!!! :laugh:

I'm sorry for the mistake.

Till end of April we want to book the flight. Afterwards we'll know when we'll be there.