Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

New Enterprise

My first impressions are: YUK! That's the ugliest ship I have ever seen. I would've been disappointed at it being selected as the new Ent but I still would have watched the show.

I really don't like it either..The Saucer doesn't look big enough and it looks like there is no secondary hull..Where's the Engineering section? In the saucer or the neck?..It's just such a difference from 'The Enterprise' that I know so well..I would have still watched Star Trek phase 2 though...

A five yearold can do better with toilet roll tubes and card! YUKKY

phaseiistudy2-model1-t.jpg

What are your opinions about this design that may have been used for Star Trek Phase 2? Could it have worked and does it look good?

it was a prototype,I dont think the finnished model would have looked like that, we have all seen what it looked like,it would have been the Enterprise refit as seen in ST:TMP,most of the sets and models for that movie where from Phase 2

phaseiistudy2-model1-t.jpg

What are your opinions about this design that may have been used for Star Trek Phase 2? Could it have worked and does it look good?

it was a prototype,I dont think the finnished model would have looked like that, we have all seen what it looked like,it would have been the Enterprise refit as seen in ST:TMP,most of the sets and models for that movie where from Phase 2

Which is why I said "may have been used". So what are your opinions about this model? :laugh:

Don't really care for it. The saucer part of it just doesn't look right, like it's cut into sections or something. It's not smooth and sleek looking enough.

It's okay if it will get you there and back. That is the same way I feel about my six year old Chevrolet.

I really don't like it either..The Saucer doesn't look big enough and it looks like there is no secondary hull..Where's the Engineering section?

Perhaps In That Section Below The Neck? :clap:

On that design i agree with Spudgun, but i think the ship design that would've been used for Phase 2 would've been a slightly modified version of the enterprise that only appeared in posters for TMP (i think it would make more sense if that ship was the design used during tos, but a little late for that huh? :wacko: ). Btw, i think it looks alright, there've been designs worse then that made for a starship :laugh: .

I actually think with some minor alterations it would look nice, a darker colour scheme and work on the necelles wouldn't be that bad.

Its hard to tell, lots of ship models did not look so good setting on a table but lite it up and put it in space and it might look different. I don't think that would have been gene's finale product though.

This design was actually seen on screen. It was really briefly seen in the aftermath of the Wolf 359 Massacre, I don't really call it a battle since only one ship out of 40 survived.