Sign in to follow this  
xenexian

Organians

On another thread here, it's been speculated that Trelane may have been Q, but was he really? What about the Organians? They seemed to be just as powerful as any Q but didn't have that meddling trait that the Federation found so annoying. In fact, it seemed that they just wanted to be left alone. Having an interstellar war between the Federation and the Klingons starting on their home planet just didn't suit them so what did they do? They force fed a peace treaty to both parties under threat of having all their ships just sit in space with the controls and weapons too hot to touch. The Organians may be related to the Q perhaps and decided that it was best if they just stay out of everybody's way, hence their peaceful, non-beligerant demeanor. Seeing the two so-called parent figures floating as blobs of light seem to be more like the Organians then the Q's. I think that Trelane was more like, if not completely, Organian in nature. In other series episodes we've seen a number of god-like creatures all possessing some sort of Q type power but this does not mean that they are Q. The aliens in Charlie X also fall under this catagory. Considering that Trelane never traveled to Earth suggests that he himself was not Q and did have some limitations or didn't know how to use his power properly and was limited to the area of space where Kirk and crew found him. Was Trelane Q? I don't think so based on the evidence presented in the episode. Was he possibly an immature Organian? Possibly but more info is needed first before assigning him to be any particular species.

good point! I guess I just assumed he was a Q and left it at that, but your theory seems to hold a lot more water. :angry: