Sign in to follow this  
Zagreus

The Xindi probe

It never occured to me until today when I was watching 'The Expanse' and 'The Xindi' again that launching a smaller probe against earth was a really stupid thing to do and had no purpose. Even though Earth would have not have known who was responsible for the attack had Future Guy not specifically told Archer and gave him the coordinates for the expanse, why did the Xindi launch an attack with a smaller probe? If their intention was to destroy earth why give the people of earth a warning that soemthing was going to happen by sending a smaller probe. Shouldnt they have known that any attack was going to heighten the state of defense on earth? Plus in finding the remains of the probe earth might very well be able to construct some kind of defense against the smae technology. I know I sound like a huge moaning git but i dont mean to be. Can someone explain this to me?

I definitely agree, it was very stupid to give away the element of surprise by sending a smaller probe first. They could have tested it on any planet. But who knows, they might explain why they did it later on.

Maybe someone lied to them and said the probe would be enough to stop earth by hitting something in the target area, but the truth was later revealed. Then again, the target area was rather random. Maybe the probe malfunctioned?