Sign in to follow this  
MeeMaw

I Was Thinking The Other Day...

I was driving past one of our new sub-divisions here in Blm, IL and saw the name Eagles Nest, or something like that...and I thought wouldn't it be cool if someone built a sub-division or a 'gated community' of Star Trek?

We could have Worf Park, Picard Avenue, Kirk Street, and the one that had my niece almost incontinent with laughter, Spock Boulevard. Gowron avenue, Tribble blvd, Not just person names for the streets either, you could do show titles too. The longer titled shows could be shortened like, COTEOF St. *Gee, which one is that one? :D * She told me that I would be the one to come up with something like that, and as we were talking about it I told her that only

"Trekkers/Trekkies" would be allowed to purchase homes or lots. :D And there would be a TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT sections, along with Alien Sectors, Vulcan, Romulan, Klingon, etc, you get the idea. I thought about a name like...Enterprise Universe, or Roddenberry's (sorry for misspelling it, if I did.) Solar System or IDIC. Something cool like that.

Just something to think about...

What do you guys think of my :D ?

Are there any builders out there willing to take on my idea? LOL

Katy

that would be cool, at least you know your neigbors and you have something great in common. then maybe we could build a community center whre we could start annual star trek conventions. with all the stars. JOLENE BLALOCK. :D yeah yeah. thats a great idea. :D

Gee, I think you're lucky to live in a town that has new subdivisions. Don't laugh - if you want a new house here you have to own property in the county and hire a private contractor.

I'm there! My house will be on Kirk Avenue. And of course, our little town would have a movie theater which would constantly run a Star Trek film festival!

The sisters and I would either live on Data Way or Soong Street. How about a street called Shuttle Bay. :D

Having Trek parties during marathons would be great - or just having Trek parties any time!!

The local convenience store could be called Ferengi Shop and Save and we could go to get some fast food at The Replicator. The bus stops could be numbered Transporter 1, Transporter 2, etc.

what about Utopia Planitia for a name...  I would like to live there.. :D

That would be a great name for a subdivision. Subtle enough that the non-Trek buyers would not even realize what was going on.

The sisters and I would either live on Data Way or Soong Street.  How about a street called Shuttle Bay.  :D

Having Trek parties during marathons would be great - or just having Trek parties any time!! 

The local convenience store could be called Ferengi Shop and Save and we could go to get some fast food at The Replicator.  The bus stops could be numbered Transporter 1, Transporter 2, etc.

sure, sounds good

we could all go to the trek-a-thons all ready to do things like they do for ............oh whats that movie with the drag queen wacko in it. that everyone takes props to, too watch it. we can make it "interactive trek" sounds fun to me what do you think

edit: aahh it just came to me, the rocky horror picture show. thats it. so whatdoya think.

:laugh: That would be fun. If I owned a theater and thought there were enough Trekkers in the neighborhood to fill it up, I would hold those on the weekends for as long as people came and participated. Unlike RHPS, there would be 10 movies to parody, hmmm...

:laugh: That would be fun. If I owned a theater and thought there were enough Trekkers in the neighborhood to fill it up, I would hold those on the weekends for as long as people came and participated. Unlike RHPS, there would be 10 movies to parody, hmmm...

You could call your theatre The Holodeck Theatre. This is fun.

My house is on the intersection of Quantum drive and Gravity way.

we could all go to the trek-a-thons all ready to do things like they do for ............oh whats that movie with the drag queen wacko in it. that everyone takes props to, too watch it. we can make it "interactive trek" sounds fun to me what do you think

edit: aahh it just came to me, the rocky horror picture show. thats it. so whatdoya think.

Rocky Horror Picture show! Love it.

The local barber would have to be Mr. Mott!

How about Data's Way? I'd go his way...

imagine the Tupperware parties there :wub:

OMG! Rocky Horror Picture Show! Love that one! To the point that we did a parody of it for our Senior Skit during Homecoming!!

And yes Lessa, I would go his way too! Wait all of us Sisters would :wub:

how about a national holiday for every trek milestone date, such as release date for each movie, each new series, and most sad, roddenburys death, or better yet birthday. and so on. maybe we can start a petitions. lol. :D