Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Who believes in the time particle?

Do you believe that a particle is what causes time?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that a particle is what causes time?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care
    • don't no
    • maybe

What do you think

I think that it is a possibility, but we won't find it now.

It is possibly for particles of time to exist. In Star Trek, they're called chronotons, or something of the like...

Anti-time also seems like a possible thing...

anti time has not been seen or observed. It is very unlikely that anti time exists as we are in the time space continuum and the existence of antitime would cause a chain reaction ripping our dimension in many parts..... Chronatons and Tachyons are very theoretical and have never been detected so it is ver unlikely....

Just because we never encountered it, shouldn't mean we should denounce their possibility...

We don't have all the answers and this is a mysterious multiverse...

Think about it one of the reason they started looking for anti matter was because of the fact they new everything has an oppisite. so how can you dissmiss the Idea of antiCronotons.

Indeed, there might be anti-time out there somewhere, since there is anti-matter out there too....

It is a big multiverse....lastresort.jpg

Edited by drwho42

OH, yes, definately. I've heard about this. I shall return when I get that info in my hands. :picard-sith:

chronatons have never been proven as our current technology cannot venture into another dimensional plane or into a black hole...

sure seems to fit the pattern of wave/particle theories of energy....strings...why not! why not a time partical/wave?

Thank you, kind Sir, for the vote of confidence :o At least one person is on my side :laugh:

Time is a spacial metric parameter. That is, it is an element whereby we measure the universe. Current theory holds to an 11 dimensional universe plus a single time dimension. These dimensions, though considered to be orthogonal, can be interlinked

or depend on each other depending on the metric one uses. For example, the

Schwarzchild metric, which is used to calculate space-time measurements in the

vicinity of masses (but does not work at all inside a black hole or singularity, or at

radius=0) draws a link between the three spatial dimensions we are used to and

add a dependence on time. However, to say that time is a particle (as we currently

define particles and time) is not exact. Rather, the particles define the metric

whereby we measure time and space.

Additionally, the particle physicists have a whole class of particles called the gauge bosons that mediate forces. These include the photon, gluon, Z, W, and the

speculated (but never seen) graviton which mediates the gravitational force. If you want to define time as being affected or "mediated" by a particle, then you would -

loosely - attribute this to a graviton. Keep in mind that this force is so weak compared to the others, that our experience to date does not include the graviton.

Time is a spacial metric parameter.  That is, it is an element whereby we measure the universe.  Current theory holds to an 11 dimensional universe plus a single time dimension.  These dimensions, though considered to be orthogonal, can be interlinked

or depend on each other depending on the metric one uses.  For example, the

Schwarzchild metric, which is used to calculate space-time measurements in the

vicinity of masses (but does not work at all inside a black hole or singularity, or at

radius=0) draws a link between the three spatial dimensions we are used to and

add a dependence on time.  However, to say that time is a particle (as we currently

define particles and time) is not exact.  Rather, the particles define the metric 

whereby we measure time and space.

Additionally, the particle physicists have a whole class of particles called the gauge bosons that mediate forces.  These include the photon, gluon, Z, W, and the

speculated (but never seen) graviton which mediates the gravitational force.  If you want to define time as being affected or "mediated" by a particle, then you would -

loosely - attribute this to a graviton.  Keep in mind that this force is so weak compared to the others, that our experience to date does not include the graviton.

that's why we're debating this...

We really can't decide if it's actually facilitated on this plane by a particle on this dimensional brane or maybe it is justthe effect of quantum gravity bending space to include parts of the fouth dimension of time.

mostly speculation but there is a lot of indirect evidence...

Who knows it may be a photon or neutrino...

I don't think there is a particle which creates time, but one that merely takes advantage of it. It's more likely to me that time is a result of the energy/mass of the universe interacting in the way it does.