Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

What are your angery outlets?

Oh, you only do that when you're angry? :)

I'm just glad this board has rules about that kind of thing or I wouldn't come across as coherently as I do. I didn't realise how much I curse until I dated someone whose first language wasn't English and started noticing what she picked up from me and what situations she used it in. It wasn't pretty, but it was a reflection of me I suppose. I've tried to cut down and seem to be having some success.

Anger is a very important emotion. Just as important is how we express it. When I am angry, the first thing I try to do is to get off to my self to think about how I should express it. If it's possible, I try to reach a friend and talk about it , and get some objectivity. If I can't reach anyone, I i'll try to go for a walk, or get into some other form of exercise to calm myself, and get in a frame of mind where I can be sure I respond appropriately. It also helps me to write out my angry thoughts, and why I am angry. Then if I am angry with a person; when I am certain that I can handle my anger in a civilized manner, I will confront that person regarding what they did to make me angry.