Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

How Close Do Ya Think Trek Got It?

I've Often Wondered What's Really Happening Out In Space...Maybe Real Violent Empires Or Peaceful Federations Of Planets, Military Alliances, Intersteller Wars, etc, etc...

What Do You Think?

I know for a fact star trek is 90% accurate. I can't tell you much more but I can tell you that Vulcans....I mean aliens did crash land near roswell and Gene Roddenbury..... oh I've said too much.

Well humanity has started entering things mentioned by Trek-the Eugenics War, the 99 Yankees being trhe best ever, the 2007 manned mission to Saturn...

So there is some divergence. I thikn tere is intelligent life out there, but I don't think it's so full of humanoids. Nevertheless, I think Trek's done a decent job.

I believe that Star Trek may be a little too optimistic for reality. We're not ever going to saturn in 2007. We'd have to have a fusion reator to do that!! I mean, It would take years by our conventional propulsion. Maybe because Janeway edited the timeline with Sterling, We might not be able to achieve Warp travel by 2063! Janeway always interferes. :frustrated:

I think it is way off in its portrayal of the universe and I think it takes some great leaps in its assumptions about what humans will be like in the next few hundred years. But it is nice to think of a world where people like science and live by principles.

The timeline is rather off; I do not know who messed it up, but someone did. Other than that, sure, Vulcans and Romulans and Klingons, etc exist. Why not? Perhaps Gene had some sort of portal like the one on Sarpeidon or that other planet or that anomally and really found these things to be true in some place. I do know that I am much more open to these ideas because of the TNG episode Paralells. One can believe almost anything about reality after watchging that.

Edited by Valeris

I doubt our future, will be like Trek's... I'm not being pessimistic, but like WEAREBORG4102, TheUnicornHunter, and Valeris, it's a bit too optimistic since its run in the late 1960s...

For one thing, I guess the laws of physics might differ from our timeline compared with Trek... (We might blame Q though...)

Another, I do not think the Eugenics Wars has happened in this timeline, and I am a strong believer that (in Trek) it happened in 1992-1996...

Trek is an alternate timeline all its own, but not a bad place to live in aside from the transporter malfunctions, holodeck problems, and constant Borg invasions...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Well, other than the ship designs, which are far too elaborate, Trek seems quite possible.