Sign in to follow this  

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of older movies. Some of these movies, which ARE considered classics, are not out on DVD yet, and I wanted to know if anything was in the works.

This is just an example - I want to have "Easter Parade" on DVD. As nearly as I can tell, this has not happened as of yet (except for pirated or copied-from-LD's or foreign editions I've seen on EBay. I know Fred Astaire's widow has, in the past, had a stranglehold on most of his movies, not even letting clips being shown at national events honoring Ginger Rogers.) In fact, I can find very few FA movies out on DVD, and none of the ones with GR. What in the world happened to the movies starring the classiest dancer of all time? A lot of Judy Garland movies aren't out. Debbie Reynolds. "Scrooge" with Albert Finney. And so on and so on. These are NOT obscure movies I'm talking about.

Ok, that's my rant. Now, to my question. Is there a site online that talks about upcoming releases to DVD? Do I need to find websites that talk about particular movies? Each actor? I can't find anything online about some of the ones I'm researching, except that they're in the filmographies of the actors involved. I'm getting discouraged...

Thanks for your help in advance.