Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Unauthorized Bank Drafts by Internet co.

Boy I'm pissed off! Just found out that some internet company just hit my bank account for 100 last month, and another 50 this month. And i never authorized any deductions from my account, or gave out my banking info. Is there really such a thing as spyware software...where they can get n my computer find my info and steal my info....What should i do ?

There's any number of ways a person could do that. I used to deal with hundreds of cases of fraud like this every day at the bank.

Just call your bank, report the charges as fraud and have your account information changed. Also call the company that charged you (they are likely just as innocent as you in this) and report it to them so they will terminate the account or charges on their end and won't charge you again next month. That part is very important, call that company. Just changing your account information alone isn't enough to prevent the charges from coming through again. That company has to terminate the billing.

Let me tell you about what happened to me.

One day I noticed a few days after payday I had way less money in the bank than I should have. I called my bank and they said there were about $1,200 in pending charges, but they had to wait until the charges went through to identify them.

So once the charges went through they came through as PayPal, for winning bids on E-Bay (which owns PayPal). Someone took my infornation and created an account in my name and placed $1,250 of winning bids with my money. Those were just the bids that won. No telling how many bids were actually placed.

My bank graciously refunded the money to me, but I had to open investigations with the bank, PayPal, E-Bay, the 3 major credit reporting agencies, and the High Tech Crime unit of my city. They eventually turned the case over to the FBI.

an update on the on going saga of "where the money went, how did they do it, and can i get it back"......went somewhere it shouldn't, spyware and adware, and sorry charlie....better luck next time!

Sorry to dig this up again...but update...goodnews...took vbg advise...filed a fraud claim..and the bank refunded my $200..thank u Bank of America....computer is now got spybot...spyblaster and couple other detection software and thicker firewall