Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Contacting potential publishers

I've been working on a Star Trek story for sometime, and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can contact a publisher, through the internet would be best. Is there a site where I can submit work, is there anyone who knows anyone I can e-mail... does anyone on this site actually publish books? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Lt. Evans

you should try submiting to the STRANGE NEW WORLDS STAR TREK book. i don't know the exact contact information but this book is a book full of stories written by star trek fans for fans. they publish a new edition every year or so. hope this helps.

tm :)

My dad may be able to give advice but I myself do not know. But with a star trek story that would require for you to ask permission. i would not suggest publishing it yourself until you get the permission to use the Star trek themes or characters. i hope that helped...

Hi. If you are really serious about writing Star Trek, you should check out the submissions guidelines. Run a search on Star Trek Novel Submissions guidelines and you should find them. Pocket Book, a subsidiary of Simon & Schuster, Inc., is the only publishing house authorized to publish Star Trek novels, etc. The guidelines are pretty specific on what you can and cannot do and they do not accept unsolicited manuscripts due to the overwhelming number of submissions they received. You'll have to employ an agent.

If you have never published before, or at least no more than three short stories and no novels, you may consider as a first step toward becoming a Trek writer, entering the Strange New Worlds contest. For entry rules, see Strange New Worlds volume seven (the latest). This contest will soon be open if not already and ends in early October 2004. Entries can be no longer than 7500 words, but again, see the rules and guidelines provided for the contest, as they too are specific.

Good luck! And I hope this helps.

T'Bree

The coporate monopoly on writing and the freedom of thought... :eekout: