Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Geordi's visor

He was blind since birth. What du you mean by regaining it? He never did, he did change implants though, from the visor to what resembles regular eyes.

I think he regained his sight in "Insurrection."

He did but it was only temporary. He had optical implants in Nemesis.

Geordi was born blind, presumably without pupils nor irises. In FIRST CONTACT, we see that his visor is replaced with optical implants. In INSURRECTION, Geordi's began to regenerate, finally giving him the ability to see. Sadly, it did not last as NEMESIS shows that Geordi has his optical implants back. I wonder why his eyesight degenerated? :andorian:

I asked this question because in a different thread, I brought up the possibility of Cloning. Someone said they never remembered cloning in any of the episodes. But I think I do remember one episode where Geordi's vision WAS restored by his own cloned eyes. Anyone remember THIS episode? :P

i dont remember any episode were gerordi was cloned the only cloning episode i remember was the won were the colonist asked the enterprise for new dna strands and the crew said no then the dna strands of riker and polaski were stollen

Geordi's vision was restored in "Insurrection" by a natural regeneration of his own optical nerves due to the metaphasic radiation present in the Briar Patch, which is where the Bak'u planet was located. There was no cloning involved.

I'm sure I saw and heard this in an episode, due to cloning. I'll have to research this this a little. Geordi said it himself to Riker, I think. The episode was about Riker being tricked into thinking he had lost 16 years of memory due to a virus, sound familiar? In it he had a young son named Jon-Luc and Picard was the Admiral on a Romulan Warbird.

That was 'Future Imperfect.' But that wasn't a real timeline, that was an hallucination perpetrated by an alien lifeform "Barash," in which Riker was led to believe he had been suffering from a retro-virus and had lost 16 years worth of memories.

Hmmmmm. Don't you think by the 24th century though they could have cloned eyes? I mean really, if we can clone animals in the early 21st century you would think eyes would be no problem by the 24th.

I believe there was also a reference to Geordi's eyes regenerating or some other thing in All Good Things, but this was due to the Anti-time Anomoly. D. Pulasaki had also informed Geordi that it was possible to clone him new eyes and that she had done it twice. The odds weren't too good I beleive. This occurred in "Loud as a Whisper"

That was 'Future Imperfect.'  But that wasn't a real timeline, that was  an hallucination perpetrated by an alien lifeform "Barash," in which Riker was led to believe he had been suffering from a retro-virus and had lost 16 years worth of memories.

No wonder it was fresh in my mind, I just watched it last week :P

He was born blind.....

His eyes did regenerate and he could see in insurrection

i didnt think they were cloned eyes, i thought that they were more like 'ocular implants' artificial eyes like mechanical just look at the close up of them in FC when they are chasing chocrane (you told him about the statue?) those dont look human to me.. in all good things his vision came back because of the anti time thingy.. y didnt picard grow new hair?