Sign in to follow this  
stoned_vulcan

All good things

im watching all good things right now and i noticed something and in about a minute ran on here and started writing this post. do you notice that when picard is tying vines with geordi that when picard sees those people in the middle of the field geordi keeps yelling "captain, captain" but they are retired so why does he call him captain especially after he tells geordi to call him jean-luc it just seems to happen too fluently

okay heres another question which doestn require a one word answer (hopefully) when Q takes picard back at time and says something like it all starts here in this little pond of goo.. woodnt it be other species that start, not just humans, since humans came around fairly recently... so did the writters slip or something on this?

There are on Earth and in the pond of goo life is starting which leads to humans down the road. Why would there be other species?

okay heres another question which doestn  require a one word answer (hopefully) when Q takes picard back at time and says something like it all starts here in this little pond of goo.. woodnt it be other species that start, not just humans, since humans came around fairly recently... so did the writters slip or something on this?

I don't think they slipped up. I think they were referring to the forming of the very first life on Earth that evolved into many different species including humans.

oh okay thanks its just that it seemed to me like he was talking about human life.. thanks! :laugh:

it did to me for some reason.....who knows...all i know is Q wanted him to be opended to options he never had been open to before

im watching all good things right now and i noticed something and in about a minute ran on here and started writing this post. do you notice that when picard is tying vines with geordi that when picard sees those people in the middle of the field geordi keeps yelling "captain, captain" but they are retired so why does he call him captain especially after he tells geordi to call him jean-luc it just seems to happen too fluently

It is hard to change how you address someone you hold in esteem.

To give an example, a former student earned her terminal degree and returned to our institution as faculty member in our department. She started addressing us, now her colleagues and not her teachers, as she had when she was a student six years earlier. We told her that we were now her peers and she should address us by our first names. She balked and said it didn't feel right. It took her about a year before she started taking our advice to call us by first names, and even then the first times you could see her almost forcing the words out of her mouth. She actually had to work at it! Now its like we have always been peers.

I think the situation for Geordi is like that. I think he would have to work at calling Captain Picard

by his first name.