Sign in to follow this  
Neelix the cat

Signatures - what's the go?

OK, I've been here a week or two, all the stuff various members have in their signatures was amusing at first, very colourful and extensive, But now its just annoying - hard on the eyes and frustrating when searching through a post, some members have signatures half a screen long?! and a lot of spoilers that hide things not terribly relevant. :dude:

Has anyone ever tried to limit the amount that can be placed in a signature.

Don't get your knickers in a knot - simple feedback from a new member, it is an issue that may deter other newbies. :assimilated:

The maximum allowed length in a sig is 500 characters I believe. I'm really amazed hom much some people can fit into that. :dude:

Signatures get a little large at times but since they only display one time per topic page we don't really restrict them too much. Only if there is a large picture that will distort the page or if there is foul language within the body of the text. Basically the Sig is a way to personalize posts beyond what normally is done. Kind of gives each person a "presonality".

You're right, there is. Go to My Controls and click board settings. It will give you an option of whether you want to see people's sigs or not. Just click no.

Does the 500-character-limit include code?

It seems to. I was able to put more in my sig by not using different fonts for each line - just size and color.

You're right, there is. Go to My Controls and click board settings. It will give you an option of whether you want to see people's sigs or not. Just click no.

That's correct. I had forgotten about that.