VaBeachGuy

Episode Spotlight DS9

Season: 7

Episode No: 566

Episode Name: Badda-Bing Badda-Bang

Written By: Ira Steven Behr & Hans Beimler

Director: Mike Vejar

Original Air Date: 02-24-1999

Vic's Las Vegas holosuite lounge has been taken over by gangsters and are threatening to run Vic out of town. Frankie Eyes has his bodyguard Cicci rough Vic up in order to give him more incentive to leave Las Vegas, that only serves to activate the crew of Deep Space Nine to come to Vic's rescue.

The Crew discovers that the Holosuite programmer, Felix has put a "Jack In The Box" into Vic's program. If they can get rid of Frankie Eyes the program will return to normal. The problem is, how to get rid of Frankie Eyes and not get Vic killed in the process?

PDVD_270_VIC.JPG

PDVD_176.JPG

PDVD_184.JPGPDVD_193.JPG

PDVD_117.JPG

PDVD_210.JPGPDVD_235.JPG

PDVD_250.JPGPDVD_255.JPG

Cast:

Avery Brooks as Captain Benjamin Sisko

Rene Auberjonois as Odo

Nicole deBoer as Ezri Dax

Michael Dorn as Worf

Cirroc Lofton as Jake Sisko

Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien

Armin Shimerman as Quark

Alexander Siddig as Julian Bashir

Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys

Guest Cast:

Marc Lawrence as Mr. Zeemo

Mike Starr as Tony Cicci

Robert Miano as Frankie Eyes

Bobby Reilly as Countman

Chip Mayer as Guard

James Wellington as Al

James Darren as Vic Fontaine

Visit the STARTREKFANS.NET Episode Guide for other great episodes.

You know, the first time we saw this episode (during the regular run of the series) we were chasing the show all over our cable system and missing it more than we were catching it most weeks. Thus, I'm still reeling from Jadzia's death, we've missed a lot of episodes dealing with the war, and all of a sudden they're throwing in an homage to Ocean's Eleven. At the time, I was pretty frustrated and I didn't give the episode a fair shake.

We recently watched the episode again, and it was so much better this time. I found it very entertaining and am looking forward to watching it again. I thought that the whole thing with Ben was an interesting point, Miles cavity search had us rolling in the floor, and even Ezri was o.k.

I'm glad we gave it a second chance.

You know, the first time we saw this episode (during the regular run of the series) we were chasing the show all over our cable system and missing it more than we were catching it most weeks.  Thus, I'm still reeling from Jadzia's death, we've missed a lot of episodes dealing with the war, and all of a sudden they're throwing in an homage to Ocean's Eleven.  At the time, I was pretty frustrated and I didn't give the episode a fair shake.

We recently watched the episode again, and it was so much better this time.  I found it very entertaining and am looking forward to watching it again.  I thought that the whole thing with Ben was an interesting point, Miles cavity search had us rolling in the floor, and even Ezri was o.k.

I'm glad we gave it a second chance.

I loved this episode, as I did all Vic episodes (I even named the AI after him :clap: ) but one aspect that I thought was out of place was Sisko's attitude toward Vic's. I understand why it was put in there, but I just felt that 400 years in the future those things would be a far distant memory and wouldn't be causing bitterness. Take an example from today, I can't think of one off hand but find something that's 400 years in the past right now. There likely isn't the bitterness that there would be if it was only 40 years ago. It just seemed out of place in the episode.

But you have to remember Sisko's pah'wrath vision (far beyond the stars) that may have left him bitter i felt it was a very well done ep though i watched it recently :clap:

It was never established that Far Beyond The Stars was a vision by the Pah Wraiths. I always assumed it was a vision from the Prophits as a way to re-focus his efforts.

I loved this episode, as I did all Vic episodes (I even named the AI after him  :waaaa: ) but one aspect that I thought was out of place was Sisko's attitude toward Vic's. I understand why it was put in there, but I just felt that 400 years in the future those things would be a far distant memory and wouldn't be causing bitterness. Take an example from today, I can't think of one off hand but find something that's 400 years in the past right now. There likely isn't the bitterness that there would be if it was only 40 years ago. It just seemed out of place in the episode.

Vic grew on me after a while, but I still with he'd cut the "pally" crap ... I don't know why I find that so annoying, but I do. He just says it way too much.

But as for the racial thing addressed in Ben & Kasidy's little subplot, now that I think of it you're right .... why would black people of the future still be stuck in the 20th century worrying about a racial divide that hasn't existed for four centuries?