Sign in to follow this  
removed

Does anybody here like James Bond?

i couldnt disagree with you anymore. pierce brosnan has really revived the series. all his movies, on closer inspection, are excellently written, with the exception of 'tomorrow never dies' and 'die another day', both of which i still quite enjoyed. i also love 'lisence to kill'. that is a terrific movie. dalton helped bring the series back to the way it used to be by actually taking itself seriously. in the ROGER MOORE days, the movies were quite stupid, with the exception of only a few. the only three moore bonds i have ever fully enjoyed are 'live and let die', 'the spy who loved me' and, 'the man with the golden gun'. the rest of the moore movies have too much slapstick, pathetic humour, and they try to go for the 'every scene should create laughter' technique. yuck. NOW THE BEST MOVIES ARE THE CONNERY MOVIES, with the exception of 'thunderball' and (ugh) 'diamonds are forever'. but, back to brosnan. 'goldeneye' was amazing. it really took good use of the cold war ending. also even though i did not like it at first, 'the world is not enough' was quite good. it had alot better writing some of the earlier bond flicks. die another day was great for the first half, and okay for the second half. the second half was much too unrealistic for my taste.

anyways, heres my point:

brosnan is a good james bond. he has done a great job. bring on brosnan's 5th movie.

CONNERY ROCKS, LAZENBY IS GOOD, ROGER MOORE SUCKS, TIMOTHY DALTON ROCKS, AND PEIRCE BROSNAN IS GOOD.

whew. now thanks for letting me go on and on and on.  B)

Well, I agree on the Moore movies. I liked his first two, and then didn't care for the rest. They were too cheesy for my taste, even when John Glen (the same guy who directed Dalton's movies) took over as director.

anyways, heres my point:

brosnan is a good james bond. he has done a great job. bring on brosnan's 5th movie.

CONNERY ROCKS, LAZENBY IS GOOD, ROGER MOORE SUCKS, TIMOTHY DALTON ROCKS, AND PEIRCE BROSNAN IS GOOD.

Hmm, well I agree that Brosnan is good, but I feel that he has been wasted. Well, no need for me to rehash that. :)

I agree with your list there. Connery and Dalton are my favorites. I liked Moore's approach, but his movies took a turn for the worse after "The Man with the Golden Gun". Despite "Licence to Kill", I loved Dalton and wish he could have stayed on making movies more like "The Living Daylights" and less like the other one. Lazenby was good, too. But I think that has a lot to do with him being around such good actors like Diana Riggs and (I'm having a brain fart on the bald guys name. B) ), and the story was excellent. I would have liked to see him stick around for more.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brosnan come back in a movie more like Goldeneye (sans the political garbage) or Tomorrow Never Dies. Definitely not if it's another "Die Another Day".

I like James Bond. I think the best one's were Goldeneye, Goldfinger and The Spy who Loved ME. My favorite bond is Sean Connery with Pierce Bronsnan a close second.

brosnan IS doing at least one more, probably more than that. he's a great bond in a line of excellent bonds( except for dalton, as bond, HE STANK TERRIBLY). he was good in flash gordon though. that was a great old movie.

from what ive heard so far, brosnan has decided to make only one more bond film. he said that he is getting to old to play james bond believably, and that he knows when to his time is past, and he will walk out gracefully from the franchise. i think he does not want to become old and tired like roger moore in his last few movies, most notably, a view to a kill.

i am not looking forward to the next james bond actor however. i am worried that crazy rumours may come true and that jude law (ugh) may don the 007 insignia. i will be disgusted. i hope these rumours are indeed false, and a more suiting actor may be picked. my choice: clive owen. he would suit james bond perfectly.

who do you think should be the next james bond?

i most certainly agree, where as jude law is not a bad actor, but he would be a terrible choice for brosnans replacement.

now the one interview i saw with brosnan said he'd love to do bond as long as they let him do it, or something like that, that wasnt too long ago.

i really have to think about a replacement for him, i picked him before i heard it was gonna be him so let me think a bit on that one.