Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Temporal Cold War

You like the Temporal Cold War storyline?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. You like the Temporal Cold War storyline?

• Yes
    • No
    • Could weave in some more...

320x240.jpg

Archer and Daniels in the 26th century on the Enterprise-J

Well, I sure enjoy the Temporal Cold War.... All the possibilities of a time war in the 22nd century....

I heard some dislike it....

I'd like to hear your opinions.....

Like my cousin, Janeway, it gives me a headache just thinking about it. :)

At this point it doesn't matter anymore I think Enterprise will be cancelled. I like the show but they haven't really done much with the Temporal Cold War storyline or the Xindi storyline. If they get a 4th season I hope they replace the entire creative team with one that is creative. :)

Stardate:214186.9

Oh yeah I love any story with time travel(check out the avatar) and the TCW is very interesting to watch.

Yes.

Like others have said before, it is consistent with what happened in First Contact. The timeline is vulnerable. So why isn't everything a mess, with people trying to change everything? Because the temporal police types in the distant future keep up, and prevent too many changes if they can. And this idea also was in Voyager. Still some changes take place, like the doctor getting a mobile emitter.

So there may be some minor changes that may happen in the Enterprise era due to interference from future types ( like te sphere builders) but also the ability to fight them. It widens exploration to include the future.

I don't like it because of the temporal prime directive!!! I mean daniels is breaking a few rules.!!!!!

I really like this storyline and think they have been very brave in stringing it out the way they have and keeping us guessing. I think that Daniels can't be breaking the Temporal Prime Directive unless he's Starfleet - and as I haven't seen all the new episodes yet I suppose he may be and I just don't know it.

I Find the Temporal Cold War storyline very interesting cause it was never mentioned in the other IV series (Kirk and Picard never had to worry about all that) but the problem is Archer must succeded in destroying the Xindi weapon so it doesn't destroy Earth ("Otherwise there wouldn't be any Kirk Spock-Picard-Sisko-Janway in the Future")so the Timeline will be on Track and Daniel is from Starfleet and he just points Archer in the right Direction.

:dude::dude::dude: :)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I don't like it because of the temporal prime directive!!! I mean daniels is breaking a few rules.!!!!!

You wanna give a few examples or are ya' just of the mind set that "Enterprise sucks so...uh...everything involved with it is wrong and Enterprise sucks"?

That said, it has been good so far. It adds a new depth to the show, so that we don't know if things will turn out alright. That said, it could be remarkably easy to mess up with to many temporal paradoxes and I'm sure with me atleast, that it will feel unstable until we see the end of it and I can think of it all in sequence.

Yes, I'm enjoying it. I would like to see more episodes like North Star or Carbon Creek though but I have been loving this season.

I like Carbon Creek too, for me it links with X-Files and Roswell.

Also Star Trek always dealt with time travel from TOS to Voyager, why not ENT. the possibilities are endless. :clap:

IMO Daniels has not broken any rule. He has just helped the Enterprise to try and restore the timeline, nothing else.

About the TCW, I really enjoy it! Timetravel is always exciting and I like the way they are going with the Sphere Builders and all.. I just wonder what Future Guy has to do with all of this, could he really be on Archers side or what reason did he really have for telling him about the Xindi?

Click for Spoiler:

av-812.jpg

*coughs* This is a War, you know....

I mean, not all the factions are undergoing the Temporal Prime Directive in order to win the Temporal Cold War......

Daniel's doing what he can to put things right.....

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:clap::clap::assimilated::assimilated:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

I enjoy the TCW very much.

It bugs me though that people think the TCW was about changing the time-line when in actually it was about creating it all along.

I think it was a fantastic idea! A war that takes place through time is a great idea indeed because unlike the civil war, or world war II... it isn't trapped in the past... it isn't trapped in the future. It's anytime, anywhere. What's interesting in the mystery. The war involves species and people whom Archer and his crew should not ever meet but like I said, a TCW isn't limited to time. That creates a great deal of mystery for those who would not expect any such thing would ever happen. In the future, the idea of a TCW would be mediocre in shock value, but not to the first crew out in space. I also like how it adds a sense of uncertainty to the events in Enterprise. If there was no influence that existed outside of time we would know that Enterprises efforts would ultimately come out on top: that the Federation would be founded, and that nothing truly serious would happen to Earth. But now we can never really be sure of that. Sure, with any show you know the good guys are gonna win, but there at least needs to be a sense of peril. The TCW makes the peril real for those of us that understands the future of the Federation. Edited by Captain Bolivar

I liked it. They could've tied up a few more loose ends, but other than that I thought it was good.