Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Possibilities for Enterprise in season 4?

I was thinking about the coming episodes/season.

I could see a possibility of the NX-01 taking such a beating at the end of this season that the crew will have to take command of the NX-02 in season 4. It would have stronger weapons, shields, tractor beam and improved transporters as well as faster engines.

I haven't read anything about this anywhere, it's just a random thought. I think it would be cool.

I could see a possibility of the NX-01 taking such a beating at the end of this season that the crew will have to take command of the NX-02 in season 4. It would have stronger weapons, shields, tractor beam and improved transporters as well as faster engines.

I haven't read anything about this anywhere, it's just a random thought. I think it would be cool.

I've been hoping to see this since season 2. We've never see a Trek series actually "loose" the ship and gain a new one of the same class. (New ship, but same class to avoid the need for new sets and ship model.) I'd be thinking NX-04 as it's likely NX-02 and 03 are launched by the time a 2nd Enterprise is needed. In "Fortunate Son", Archer had said they had 3 more NX-class ships in development.

Not a bad idea actually. I'd also like to see a rotating cast. I love the cast as they are, but really enjoy the opportunities each series has had to show "the rest of the crew".

I think it could work in a sort of HBO's "Oz" where characters are in story lines for a couple of weeks and then fade into the background when their storyline ends or die, etc. It has the feel of a complete crew and makes the stories more interesting.

It might be an interesting time to switch major crew members (as in switching Kes with Seven of Nine). Some could choose to return to earth after defeating the Xindi (though i think they'll have a peaceful resolution - that being a reasonable explanation as to why TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY never mentioning the Xindi) so as to help start laying the groundwork for the Federation.

Just a thought. But I'm excited about the possibilities.

:huh:

I've been hoping to see this since season 2. We've never see a Trek series actually "loose" the ship and gain a new one of the same class. (New ship, but same class to avoid the need for new sets and ship model.) I'd be thinking NX-04 as it's likely NX-02 and 03 are launched by the time a 2nd Enterprise is needed. In "Fortunate Son", Archer had said they had 3 more NX-class ships in development.

We actually do see that happen in DS9 when Defiant is destroyed and then they get a new one. I can't remember the episode off hand but it will come to me.

Yeah, I just thought of that, but the Defiant wasn't the main setting. What if they had blew up DS9 with Q snapping a Cardassian Station there as a favor to the Prophets? They could rename it DS9. To me, destroying the Defiant was like destroying the Delta Flyer, it isn't as effective as destroing the center-piece ship or space station.

If the show had been, say, Star Trek: Defiant, then it would have been far more emotional as the Defiant would have been the setting for nearly every episode.

The Changing Face of Evil is the episode you're thinking of VaBeachGuy.

Anyway, I'm not sure what will happen with Enterprise next season, though I figure there will be a series of confrontations with the Romulans.

I think what will end up happening is that Earth, Vulcan, and Andor will decide to create a joint colony (ala Nimbus III). Of course, they will be unaware of this colony's proximity to Romulan space and then the Romulans will attack and destroy the colony with nuclear weapons. This would lead to a formal declaration of war. I could see this being a cliff hangar at the end of the fifth season.

Yeah, I just thought of that, but the Defiant wasn't the main setting.  What if they had blew up DS9 with Q snapping a Cardassian Station there as a favor to the Prophets?  They could rename it DS9.  To me, destroying the Defiant was like destroying the Delta Flyer, it isn't as effective as destroing the center-piece ship or space station.

If the show had been, say, Star Trek: Defiant, then it would have been far more emotional as the Defiant would have been the setting for nearly every episode.

No it wasn't the main setting but it was their star ship, it was destroyed and it was replaced. So the physical act of doing that has been done. I understand your point though.

Need to see more romulans!!!!!

We can't see the Romulans until TOS

Yes we can, it's the ENT crew who can't see the them. ;) :huh:

Since NEMESIS introduced the Remans, maybe the ENT crew can see the Remans while the audience gets to see the Romulans?

Since NEMESIS introduced the Remans, maybe the ENT crew can see the Remans while the audience gets to see the Romulans?

If they show the Romulans in Enterprise or any other show set before Balance of Terror there will be a big out cry. Humanity doesn't see the Romulans until Spock taps into the bridge in that episode so I don't want to see the Romulans before then and I don't want to give the bashers anything else to cry about.

If they show the Romulans in Enterprise or any other show set before Balance of Terror there will be a big out cry. Humanity doesn't see the Romulans until Spock taps into the bridge in that episode so I don't want to see the Romulans before then and I don't want to give the bashers anything else to cry about.

As I said, the audience can see the Romulans as long as the ENT crew do not. :(

As I said, the audience can see the Romulans as long as the ENT crew do not. :(

It's in the Audience where the Bashers reside. :(

To quote myself, "I don't want to see the Romulans before" Balance of Terror. Last time I checked I am in the audience and not part of the crew. :lol:

Picard's right about the Romulans. It's the crew, not viewers, that can't see them. The bashers are going to bash no matter what happens, so who really cares what think. It'd be really interesting to get a look into what the Romulans know about Starfleet and Earth leading up to the conflict.

Picard's right about the Romulans.  It's the crew, not viewers, that can't see them.  The bashers are going to bash no matter what happens, so who really cares what think.  It'd be really interesting to get a look into what the Romulans know about Starfleet and Earth leading up to the conflict.

Yeah, it's correct that we could see them and the crew doesn't have to. I personally don't want them to do that though. That's just my thinking though. They made a point of saying that humans hadn't seen Romulans before Kirk's time so I don't think the audience should see them. It would disappoint me for them to show them.

Stardate:214180.8

I'm gonna hve to side with CLJP as well.I wouldnt mind seeing the Romulans.If they dont make contact with Starfleet I dont see any problem.

Picard's right about the Romulans. It's the crew, not viewers, that can't see them. The bashers are going to bash no matter what happens, so who really cares what think.

Exactly who cares what the bashers think.

Picard's right about the Romulans.  It's the crew, not viewers, that can't see them.  The bashers are going to bash no matter what happens, so who really cares what think.  It'd be really interesting to get a look into what the Romulans know about Starfleet and Earth leading up to the conflict.

Yeah, it's correct that we could see them and the crew doesn't have to. I personally don't want them to do that though. That's just my thinking though. They made a point of saying that humans hadn't seen Romulans before Kirk's time so I don't think the audience should see them. It would disappoint me for them to show them.

I'm also not sure how much I want to see them even if it doesn't affect what we expect to happen regarding the history we already know. I'm just wondering if there isn't a way to introduce them without showing too much; for example, scenes filmed in dark rooms where features (facial) aren't clear or shots not showing faces at all or intercepted communications might be some options. Even a conflict with the Andorians that humans don't witness (or witnesses don't survive) could be other options. I'm also not entirely convinced that we haven't seen them already because I think future guy might be Romulan.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

I would like to see the Romulan War (mentioned in "Balance of Terror").

Agreed. I would like to see things move toward the conflict with the Romulans. I would also like the humans treated with more respect after the success of the Xindi mission.

But the main thing I want is for there to BE a fourth season.

I would like to see the Romulan War (mentioned in "Balance of Terror").

Agreed. I would like to see things move toward the conflict with the Romulans. I would also like the humans treated with more respect after the success of the Xindi mission.

But the main thing I want is for there to BE a fourth season.

Mjham,

Agreed on the last point. :huh:

Treated with more respect by whom? The Vulcans? Doubtful. Arrogance is a natural part of the Vulcan persona. While there are some Vulcan exceptions, consider DS9's "Take Me out to the Holosuite". Sarek, in spite of the fact he married a human, displayed his disapproval of Spock's involvement with humans on multiple occasions. And how many times did Spock "talk down" to McCoy?

The Andorians? Possibly.

The Klingons? We still have a war coming with them.

The Xindi? Perhaps.

One idea I've had is this:

What if Archer and crew "do" see the Romulans, but after the war, Section 31 (just before the UFP is founded) comes in and starts a huge cover-up! This way, the Human-Vulcan alliance is maintained and only a few crews, Starfleet intelligence, and those in charge know what the Romulans look like. By the time of Kirk, no one knows what Romulans look like, thanks to Section 31.

Good idea?

MJham, I echo that sentiment.

VBG, interesting idea about the ship - after last week's episode it might happen.

On the one hand I wouldn't mind a couple of cast changes but I'm actually gettting attached to the cast. Generally, I would have said dump Travis or Hoshi but I'm getting fond of Travis and Hoshi doesn't complain like she used to.

Regarding the Romulans - there had to have been contact even if the Romulans were never scene...hence the neutral zone. HOWEVER, Balance of Terror, is one of my favorite episodes so they would need to be careful.

I'm still going to say I would like to see a new character added. Because relationship (with other worlds) building will be necessary after the Xindi war I think a character strong in cultural skills would be a good plan. I'd like to see a sort of Dr. Daniel Jackson type character join the cast only as a StarFleet officer but still a scientist and I would prefer the character be female - they have enough male characters.

Exactly who cares what the bashers think.[/glow]

Good point Goose!...are bashers even Star Trek fans? How could

a fan wish it off the air.....

My questions is where do the Xindi go for the next 400 or so yrs.?

Any ideas?

I just see it as a mistake for them to start throwing out all of the past history. Could they show us the Romulans? Yes, I don't think they should though. Would I quit watching if they did? No, it would disappoint me though.

As for the thought of "Who cares what the bashers say". Well, here I have the headache of having to deal with all the dissention they cause so in that respect I do care. They cause trouble and I just don't want them to be given fuel for their fire.

Also, the bashers would tend to get more attention from TPTB then those of us that are happy. You know the saying about the Squeaky wheel? Need proof just listen to last years theme music and compare it to this years music.

My questions is where do the Xindi go for the next 400 or so yrs.?

Yikes, you all went way off topic on this one!

To answer the above question: There are MANY species in the Federation... thousands or so. It's unlikely that all of them would be seen frequently in the future. Secondly, it was not said when the Xindi join the Federation. Perhaps they kept to themselves for a couple hundered years in the Expanse. I don't know why, but the point is, it's no impossible or unlikely that they would not have been seen in other trek.

As for things in season 4: A more relaxed environment with more interaction with ALL crew members.

The death of a few marines... or their failure as productive members (such as doing something super dumb thus Starfleet decides to end their involvement)

More dealings with the core species of the Federation

More Suliban and Daniels leading us to discover who the temporal chamber guy is

More exploration

And most importantly, more GOOD WRITING just like this season.

Arcs should also stick around!

Yes we can, it's the ENT crew who can't see the them. :laugh::laugh:

I have a good idea about this, how about if when we see the Romulans they are wearing battle suits that include full blast helmets. This way no one would ever see their facial features.