Sign in to follow this  
removed

Jesus Christ Superstar

Is Jesus Christ Superstar (the film) good?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jesus Christ Superstar (the film) good?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never heard of it
    • I only like the music
    • The play is better

I think this movie is great. The music is so great. It can be so much fun like "What's the Buzz" to being so powerful like "Trial Before Pilate". The movie is a little outdated, being made in 1973, but it is still effective these days. I think a remake, staying completely true to the original, just making the cinematography and music better quality, would be a really awesome thing.

Does anyone else like this movie?

Yes, I've always liked this movie..I haven't seen it in quite a while..I've always thought the music was fantastic of course..I remember listening to it in Music class in High School..(20 years ago :P )..And If done well, I believe a remake would be fantastic..You now have me thinking about this movie again..I really do need to see it soon..

What's it about?

Jesus. Lol.

It's a musical about Jesus' life originally written for broadway by Andrew Lloyd Weber. Very well done.

I brought this topic up because I've been listening to the soundtracks alot lately

I agree. A very powerful movie. It was on tv last week and I watched quite a bit of it before I lost control of the remote control. I agree in some ways it is getting dated but it is still a classic movie.

I didn't like it myself

You know what RC? I just realized I know absolutely nothing about your religion. Does it have anything to do with Jesus at all? Sorry that I'm not very informed on this. I haven't done the world religions part in religion class yet. Lol.

Guest Ktrek

I voted that I just like the music. I would love to see it on Broadway but having bought the original Broadway cast album and listened to it as a kid I was really disappointed with the movie. I personally think that compared to the album the music was of a very low quality and don't even get me started on the acting! I've seen better acting on HR PuffNStuff or the Banana Splits! I just don't think Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals translate well to film. Evita is another glaring example.

Sorry that I don't agree with you on this one Bysty but being a collector of Broadway music and musicals I give that production two thumbs down!

I would like to see a remake but only if it was done as a theatrical production and NOT as a movie.

Ktrek

To each their own, Ktrek.

I have to admit, some of the acting was pretty bad, but I still enjoy this movie alot. I've never seen it as a play though. Or anything on broadway for that matter.

This one would be the one we are talking about:

dvdm135278.gif

The 1973 version.

I looked it up and found a straight to video remake for 2000 which is probably the other one you see.